The Columbus Crew is seeking dynamic people interested in part-time employment at Lower.com field and Historic Crew Stadium. Our Stadium Operations assistants are part of the behind-the-scenes magic of hosting high caliber events. Assistants should be self-motivating, inventive, and driven to supporting efficiency in their work. Essential Functions
- Assist with preparing the stadium for event days.
- Assist with special event conversions.
- Assist with stadium equipment inventory and event checklists.
- Upkeep of stadium operations manuals and procedures.
- Assist with special events and customer facing interactions.
- Utilize and understand set up of event technology including video boards.
- Utilize and set up of event security/crowd control devices such as turnstiles.
- Interact positively with guests throughout their visit.
- Assist maintenance team with repairs and projects.
- Assist with off season preventative maintenance and stadium upkeep.
- Effective communicator in giving/receiving directions and instructions.
- Active Listening and situational awareness to recognize key situations.
- Flexibility to serve in multiple roles and multiple locations during events.
- Represent the Crew and MLS in all interactions.
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 18 years old and legally eligible for employment in the United States.
- Must be available for a majority of stadium events, including 17 MLS home matches.
- Valid driver's license.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work weekends, nights, holidays, and atypical hours.
- Prior experience as trained crowd manager or equivalent event role.
- Prior experience in stadium or facility operations.
- Ability to lift, carry, transport large items of 25lbs or more.
- Forklift certification.