The position is a part-time role (25-30 hours/wk) and will be responsible for all phases of accounts payable processing including vendor file maintenance, invoice and payment requisition and accounts payable records management. The Coordinator, Accounts Payable will provide effective communication regarding accounts payable issues with vendors and staff. The candidate will work independently to process a high volume of invoices and will report directly to the Accounting Manager. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Receive, review and process invoices from vendors using accounting software and adhering to standard company procedures.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Accurately maintain all vendor files.
- Track company credit card spending, and process credit card expense reports.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Assist Accounting Manager with month-end closing process.
- Provide supporting documentation for all audits.
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
Education and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Strong initiative and ability to follow through on tasks.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Professional integrity and accountability.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in accounts payable or general accounting.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Experience working with relevant accounting software (such as Microsoft Dynamics GP).
- Proficient in data entry and management.
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as needed.