Event Operations Manager
Beyond Tickets: Creating Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences Around the WorldWho We Are
The Kentucky Derby, Formula 1 Racing, The Open Championship, UFC Fights, Barrett Jackson Auto Auctions - at QuintEvents, we are helping people live out their bucket lists. QuintEvents provides people once-in-a-lifetime experiences with our official partners to bring our customers tickets and experiences that are authentic and unique.Our Culture
Progressive. Innovative. Fast-paced. Optimistic. Collaborative. Giving. Fun.
That's how our employees describe us.
Here at QuintEvents, our employees love the opportunity to travel to events, the family-like environment and the opportunity for growth in an ever-changing environment. If you can thrive in the chaos of a fast growing business, want to be part of some of the most memorable moments in people's lives and love being in the know about the biggest, most exclusive events around, then QuintEvents might be the right company for you! Keep reading...The Role
As the Operations Event Manager, your contribution to the organization will be to ensure an above and beyond experience for clients at events. You will build, manage and execute to all aspects of the event process including initial planning, budgeting and inventory, logistics, and client satisfaction. You will do this by:
- Managing Events Onsite. Ensuring participating team members are fully informed of event details and their roles/expectations; Providing training and direction to onsite staff. Interacting with the client throughout the event to ensure their experience is all they expected and more; Acting as the primary point of contact and first point of escalation for all client facing elements.
- Coordinating Event Logistics. Obtaining appropriate permits, licenses, and vendor contracts associated with an event; Coordinating with vendors to ensure all services are provided in accordance with the contract (i.e. hospitality, hotels, transportation); Leading and assisting staff in managing all on-site logistics such as running check-in tables and ensuring transportation.
- Collaborating. Planning withother Event Managers and Director of Operations to determine onsite staff needs; Working closely with Client Services team for all onsite details and the plan for communicating to guests; Setting team objectives and prioritizing tasks to ensure program delivery and execution of event.
- Innovating. Tracking and assessing event success and bringing creative solutions to improve on-site delivery efficiencies and effectiveness; Identifying opportunities in all facets of the client experience to create efficiency, grow our customer base, and to otherwise elevate our services, processes and interactions with clients; Being an outspoken contributor to the team, thinking outside the box and driving change.
This position plays a vital role in our success. Here are some highlights of the type of person and background we believe would thrive:
A Successful Operations Event Manager at QuintEvents will:
- 4+ years progressive experience in event planning and management
- 2 -3 years most recent experience related to hospitality and/or event management industry
- Proven track record of effective project management
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Business, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent business experience
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Excel and Salesforce or other CRM type software
- Fluent in Spanish ( Preferred )
- Work with a sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Have a results focus in all you do
- Have a strong ability in idea generation
- Innovative and creatively problem solve
- Build strong rapport and relationships
- Be focused on achieving results
- Have a problem solving orientation
- Be action-oriented and somewhat collaborative in decision-making
- Have quick decision making ability in response to changing conditions ,
- Be Persuasive , Influential , and can effectively stimulate others to action
- Have directive leadership to assure business results are achieved
- Delegate details as necessary, with follow up on timeliness , quality and accountability for results
Got what it takes to help us change the game? We hope to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.Job Questions:
- Do you live in the local Charlotte area, and are able to commute to the Charlotte office daily?
- Are you authorized to work in the US?