San Jose Earthquakes Community Marketing Representative
This is a part-time position that will represent the San Jose Earthquakes in the community in effort to build the team's brand and grow its fan base. The individual will interact with potential and existing fans, provide information and collateral such as ticketing opportunities, marketing events, promotional items, and team-related activities. Starting at $19.40/hr. Opportunity for monetary bonuses. Primary Responsibilities:
What we are looking for:
- Represent and promote the San Jose Earthquakes in a fun and professional manner throughout the year at Earthquakes & community events, viewing parties, player meet and greets, sports tournaments, festivals, and more.
- Build relationships with important communities within San Jose including -but not limited to- Mexican, Portuguese, Vietnamese, and college students.
- Build relationships with local small businesses and owners then recruit them into our Earthquakes small business program.
- Responsible for setting up, tearing down, and management of all interactive elements at community events.
- Promote current marketing, sales, promotional, and team-related news and initiatives.
- Support the sales team to generate leads and sell tickets at events.
- Assistance with game days as needed.
- Be a knowledgeable representative of the San Jose Earthquakes.
- Other duties as required
- Outgoing, passionate, energetic, and motivated professionals.
- Knowledge of San Jose Earthquakes, soccer, and MLS preferred.
- Expect 10-15 hours per week.
- Ability to work on a team and be proactive.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Adaptable and can take the lead on initiatives.
- Excellent customer service and public speaking skills.
- Must be willing to work most of the scheduled community and special events beginning February 2022 through December 2022.
- Flexible schedule to include nights and weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to lift at least 25-30 pounds at a time; requires prolonged standing.
- Must have an active driver's license.
- Access to a cell phone and email daily.
- Must be 18 years or older by January 1, 2022.
- Must be available for a group interview.
- Must be able to meet for training in February.
- Being bilingual (Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese) is a plus!