Remote, Work from Home, United StatesPosition Summary
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Knowledge Management (KM) professional able to cultivate Knowledge Management excellence and collaboration across the organization. The KM Advisor is responsible for the leadership, application, and development of the KM discipline into assigned work. As part of project teams supporting critical initiatives across the organization, the KM Advisor will partner with Project Managers, Process Engineers, Instructional Designers, Training Advisors, and other business partners to identify and address KM needs.
The candidate is able to impact business results and organizational performance through KM strategies and solutions. Candidates in this position should look forward to working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and must be a highly skilled communicator and motivated self-starter.Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:Governance
Knowledge Management and Project Management
- Promote and ensure consistent KM methodologies and approaches across the Government Business segment
- Address KM opportunities impacting performance outcomes across the segment; Conducting research and root cause analysis, size short and long-term impacts of solutions, and identify and deliver the right KM solutions to ensure project success
- Develop and manage business assessments, recommend knowledge solutions, and support the implementation of solutions, including the use of tools such as Cigna's Knowledge Library, SharePoint, and other solutions such as Communities of Practice
- Collect, develop, and share best practices and KM standards to improve impact of knowledge and improve the overall KM discipline, methodology, and output
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of KM solutions and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business KM process improvements
- As a core member of the business PMO, lead and direct end-to-end KM solutions to support strategic initiatives and portfolio projects aligned to Cigna's project management methodology (e.g. Agile)
- Lead and manage a team of KM professionals, as a matrix team leader
- In partnership with business leaders, stakeholders, project managers, change managers, learning professionals, and KM professionals, conduct performance analysis, analyze data and recommend solutions that support business results
- Drive quality and continuous improvements within the knowledge creation, delivery, and monitoring processes
- Collaborate with business and project leaders to define knowledge success metrics for projects, ensuring the metrics effectively measure, benchmark, and monitor the knowledge impact on the organization
- Provide consultative expertise to the development of KM strategies and solutions
- Produce relevant resources and approaches to obtain the highest level of impact for an organization's information through proven KM methodologies, best practices, and KM solutions that deliver measurable impact
- Manage the implementation of Cigna's Knowledge Library within the business as well as supporting the business post-launch as they implement best practices and resolve production issues
- Partner with and be the liaison to the business to address and resolve knowledge library production issues
- Assist in and/or manage one or more of the supporting skills required to implement Cigna's Knowledge Library:
- Access & security
- Content creation and organization
- Mapping content from one format to another
- Migrating content from one system to another
- Building taxonomies and ontologies
- Knowledge quality reviews
- Manage to the development of KM excellence within the segment through KM enablement activities such as mentoring and active participation in collaborative communities
- Work in an agile environment with a wide range of business units, ensuring strong collaboration
- Using an agile approach, determine the right KM project requirements; (develops and establishes priorities, risks and monitors progress, resource utilization, project meeting cadence) and rapidly implements changes to improve project outcomes
- Serve as a key contact for specialized KM expertise for the Government Business Segment
- Communicate with and report results to senior leadership
- Manager ambiguity, embrace change and help others to stay focused on goals while adapting to change
- Manage the development, review, and approval of statements of work where KM is required to develop and provide deliverables associated with a project initiative
- Lead and manage a team of Knowledge Management professionals either as a direct manager or as a cross-functional team leader (this could include the management and oversight of flex resources)
- Manage the end-to-end KM activities associated with projects and programs
- Influence and inform Change Management and Communications recommendations to ensure project success and sustainability
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of organizational knowledge management or applicable experience
- Recognized professional KM certification (SLA, KM Institute, or KM Pro)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and people management skills; Knowledge of Six Sigma, RAPID/RACI, and Agile methodologies a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage Knowledge Management professionals or content authors to employ KM best practices and approaches
- Excellent presentation skills to clearly convey complex blends of business and technical matters to a range of audiences, to articulate points clearly and concisely, and to negotiate effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Experience interpreting business requirements, recognizing impact on business processes, and making recommendations
- Experience liaising with business groups to drive consensus on approach to project activities
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and coach individuals with varying levels of experience
- Ability to manage and balance multiple, highly visible projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong business acumen, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects
- Detail oriented, with proven time management and organization skills (including the ability to engage in multiple tasks and meet deadlines/standards).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, embracing change and helping others see it as an opportunity and able to stay focused on goals while adapting to change
- Comfortable with raising questions, issues, ideas or suggestions to co-workers of all levels across all organizations
- Ability to analyze business requirements and develop value propositions using existing methodologies, tools and technology platforms
- Knowledge of health care a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible hours
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Office Project, and Visio
- Proficient in the organization and implementation of Microsoft SharePoint
- Proficient in the use of web conferencing tools such as WebEx
- Proficient in the use of online survey tools and basic imaging editing tools
- Demonstrated experience using Knowledge Management systems or libraries such as Oracle, Salesforce, Confluence, etc.
aligned to the KM Advisor role - career architecture [* indicates critical]:
- Strategic Mindset*: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
- Persuades*: Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Manages Ambiguity*: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Manages Complexity*: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Drives Results*: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Plans & Aligns*: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process and people-related organizational dynamics
- Business Insights: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organizations goals
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both success and failures as learning fodder
- Drives Vision & Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
This role is WAH/Flex which allows most work to be performed at home. Employees must be fully vaccinated if they choose to come onsite.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of $85,800 - $143,000, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
Helping our customers achieve healthier, more secure lives is at the heart of what we do. While you take care of our customers, we'll take care of you through a comprehensive benefits program that helps you be at your best. Starting on day one of your employment, you'll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and best in class well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and dozens of corporate discounts on essentials you use every day. For more details on our employee benefits programs, please visit the "Life at Cigna" tab on our careersite: www.cigna.com/careersAbout Cigna
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.