|Category||Data & Analytics||Job type||Full Time|
Remote, Work from home, United States
Cigna is seeking a Data Scientist who is passionate about machine learning, building models, data mining and NLP in their Global Data & Analytics Service Operations and Digital group.
The Data Scientist position is a hands-on role responsible for the end-to-end design, testing and development of machine learning models for Service Operations. As a Data Scientist in GD&A you will work closely with other team members and business stakeholders to apply machine learning, deep learning, NLP and other advanced analytic techniques to solve business problems. You will research and prepare data for analysis, perform data exploration, apply machine learning and statistical techniques to draw conclusions and build innovative analytic solutions to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Work individually and/or with team members to design and develop machine learning models for prototyping or ad-hoc analyses.
• Apply data mining techniques and perform statistical analysis as needed.
• Collect and organize information from a variety of data sources. Write queries to underlying Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
• Work with business partners to learn and understand the specific domain (i.e. Claim Ops, Call/Contact Center, Client Services...).
• Interview stakeholders in order to understand pain points.
• Clearly present findings to leadership and be able to articulate and influence the Business Case for change.
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on, industry experience in machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, support vector machines, ensemble modeling and text mining techniques such as sentiment analysis, topic modeling and entity extraction.
• Multi-year experience with Python and SQL.
• Exceptional quantitative skills and attention to detail.
• Predictive modeling experience preferred.
• Experience in claims preferred.
• Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computational Linguistics or related field, strongly preferred. MS or PhD preferred.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships across the organization.
This role is WAH/Flex, which allows most work to be performed at home. WAH/Flex employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they choose to come onsite or if required to periodically come on site.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Company, and therefore is open only to individuals who are eligible for employment in the United States and who would not require a visa sponsorship.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of $95,800 - $159,600, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
Helping our customers achieve healthier, more secure lives is at the heart of what we do. While you take care of our customers, we'll take care of you through a comprehensive benefits program that helps you be at your best. Starting on day one of your employment, you'll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and best in class well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and dozens of corporate discounts on essentials you use every day. For more details on our employee benefits programs, please visit the "Life at Cigna" tab on our careersite: www.cigna.com/careers
Evernorth, Cigna Corporation's health services segment, exists to elevate health for all. We're building on our legacy and redefining health care as we know it. Unbiased in how we think, we create without limitation. We partner without constraints, deliver value differently and act in the interest of humanity. Solving across silos, closing gaps in care, and empowering clients, customers, and people everywhere to move onward and upward. When you work with us, you'll be empowered to solve the problems others don't, won't or can't. Join us. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
|Employer||390 Evernorth Enterprise Svcs, Inc.|