|Category||Distribution Operations||Job type||Full Time|
Utilizes computer screen, RF terminals, distribution labels or hard copy reports to process merchandise with the aid of manual and/or powered material handling equipment as directed by DC Supervisor. Receives, stocks, sorts, and distributes merchandise and other inventory for shipment to the stores.
1. Utilizes RF units, scanners, CRTs or hard copy reports to record in an accurate manner the movement of merchandise from the time it is received until it is selected and shipped.
2. Operates various manual and/or powered material handling equipment to transport pallets of merchandise within the distribution center as directed.
3. Moves empty pallets and storage racks as necessary to a specified location and stacks them in a neat and orderly manner.
4. Confirms quantities of merchandise and other inventory to verify the accuracy of the order to be processed.
5. Verifies distribution labels to ensure coordination with the order to be processed.
6. Sorts, separates and labels units of merchandise and inventory to be processed. Places on pallets or conveyor lines as appropriate for distribution to the stores.
7. Utilizes CRTs or hard copy reports to process damaged and/or salvageable merchandise as directed.
8. Monitors sort induction lines to ensure accurate scanning of distribution labels and effective processing of merchandise.
9. Loads pallets or hand stacks cartons in trailers according to store delivery schedule and door assignments for shipment to the stores.
10. Audits, verifies and completes a variety of production paperwork to ensure accuracy and completeness of orders.
11. Performs semi-routine duties where some judgment is required. Work is performed under defined and uniform procedures.
12. Exhibits reasonable care and operation of material handling equipment.
13. Handles and stacks merchandise in such a way to prevent damage to merchandise and/or prevent unsafe and unstable loads.
14. Performs general housekeeping duties within the department and assigned designated areas to ensure a safe and appropriate working environment.
15. Maintains the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values statement while performing daily job duties.
1. Good English, reading, writing and math skills required.
2. Ability to move a minimum of 60 pounds on a regular basis required. Furniture and Fixtures associates are required to lift a minimum of 60 pounds, with heavy lifting up to 110 pounds.
3. Ability to effectively operate RF units, scanners and CRTs, as well as, perform data entry when necessary is required.
4. Must be able to successfully pass in-house training program for powered material handling equipment operator's license, when applicable.
5. Must be able to successfully pass physical abilities test for designated area. 6. Must have 20/20 vision or corrected 20/20 and depth perception.
7. Must not have a fear of heights.
8. Ability to operate material handling equipment in a correct and safe fashion required.
9. Flexibility to operate all powered material handling equipment to include but not limited to tuggers, sit-down, stand-up and turret side loaders.
10. Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with all associates within immediate work group, immediate department and the distribution center and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
11. Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented and meet production, safety and accuracy standards required.
12. Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace within a distribution center environment including walking, bending and lifting is required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.