Remote, Work from home (Memphis, TN) with 50% travel in the Southeastern US. Clinical Pharmacy Consultant (Clinical Account Manager)
As part of Cigna Pharmacy Management, the Clinical Pharmacy Consultant serves as the primary pharmacy benefits subject matter expert in an assigned geographic market and support role with Medical Sales to provide retention and renewal activities for an assigned book of business.
The Pharmacist in the Clinical Pharmacy Consultant position will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders, brokers/consultants and external Clients to advance the Cigna Pharmacy Management Client retention and growth strategies.
The primary role of the Clinical Pharmacy Consultant include:
- Retain the assigned book of business
- Be present to educate and consistently advance the knowledge of pharmacy within the Cigna Medical sales organization
- Partner with the Medical Sales teams, client and broker/consultants to optimize the pharmacy benefit
- Offer and successfully sell in a suite pharmacy management programs and solutions that align to Cigna's overall value proposition of lowering total health cost
- Uncover and promote opportunities to expand the pharmacy earnings contribution to the broader Cigna organization through individual client and Medical Sales organization initiatives and efforts.
- Additionally, the Clinical pharmacy Consultant may be asked to support initiatives with non-integrated Cigna medical clients who are strong candidates for medical-pharmacy integration.
- Maintaining comprehensive and current knowledge of Cigna Pharmacy Management's products, programs and processes
- Providing an ongoing presence in the market and Sales Office that are assigned for support to further build a stronger knowledge of pharmacy within the Medical Sales teams and matrix partners
- Satisfactorily support and retain his/her assigned client and customer book of business
- Actively engage and support finalist meetings on renewals
- Develop a clear understanding in to Client's needs, goals and objectives
- Provide strategic pharmacy management options to control cost
- Analyze pharmacy utilization in order to provide Clients with consultative solutions
- Lead the presentation of the pharmacy component of client annual review and strategy discussions
- Understand individual market trends and strategies and tailor approaches/solutions to meet market needs
- Interpret and translate pharmacy coverage rules based on Cigna policies and evidence based medicine guidelines
- Support Medical Sales teams, Pharmacy Account Management Advisors and other partners with escalated clinical issues as necessary
- Build key broker/consultant relationships as the pharmacy SME in support of Cigna's clients and markets
- Through connections with the Go-to-Market Clinical Lead, participate within various work groups, forums, and teams to provide market and client feedback to further build out the offerings of Cigna Pharmacy Management
- 5 years or more of Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) experience in a clinical role supporting Client expectations required
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- Licensed Pharmacist required
- Experience with consultative Client management methodologies required
- DNA of ownership, accountability and responsibility
- Operational understanding and competence with PBM clinical programs and product offerings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills in group settings
- Proficient technical skills using Microsoft Programs
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to influence and solution sell
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (seasonally, depends on employee location), at times with little advance notice in the Southeastern US
- This role requires 50% of travel. You will need to be fully vaccinated in order to travel & meet the requirements for this position.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.About Cigna
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.