Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
This position is responsible for administering and maintaining all aspects of the Mainframe Job Scheduling tool set and service utilizing the workload scheduling software. This position will review and test new releases and enhancements of the software code in order to verify documented functionality. Additionally this position typically investigates and implements new functionality and features into production and performs or leads related project work. The incumbent is chartered with having an in-depth and detailed knowledge of all uses of the automated scheduler in all hosted environments. This position will be required to provide 24x7 support.
• Overall responsibility for production batch applications, including developing the operational plan, scheduling and control of batch processing
• Perform production promotion activities as requested by a Customer Business using CA Panvalet or other Configuration Management Tool
• Resolve & document issues via the agreed reporting process • Monitor & action change requests according to the account change management process
• Experience in Production Environment Mandatory
• New Job addition to the system
• Managing output management system tasks such as archiving old jobs etc.
• Monitor, correct, escalate for system related issues
• Coordinate and modify schedules for special requests and follow the Customer Business priorities
• Respond expeditiously to requests for priority job execution
• Notify the Customer Business if special requests will affect the timely completion of other work and provide schedule status updates
• Schedule on-request batch jobs that require immediate execution
• Follow JCL standards in supporting creation and testing of JCL
• Establish and document standards for production job. Where appropriate, provide technical assistance to correct incidents and errors in production JCL
• Invoke resolution and restart procedures in case of failures in the batch jobs
• Check control totals and condition codes to monitor proper applications executions as defined the Customer Business
• Monitor scheduled batch jobs and batch cycles, resolving any non-application scheduling conflicts
• Execute re-runs as requested by the Customer Business and restart jobs according to operation procedures and documentation. Resolve abnormal terminations when appropriate.
• Follow the job run documentation and notify the Customer Business as appropriate and defined the run documentation.
• Create incident reports for job abnormalities consistent the Incident Management Process.
• Produce daily batch production report summary. Produce monthly metrics on batch job executions, abend rates, etc.
• Checking all the queues and ensure the batch completion
• Exposure on Output management tool CA Dispatch
• Participation in Disaster/Recovery test
• Experience with Zeke, CA-7, Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS, JobTrac or additional Scheduling Tools
• Experience in Mainframe batch and console operations, scheduling on-request batch jobs, knowledge of TSO/ISPF dialogs, JCL codding, IBM utilities and programs
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.