|Category||Manufacturing/Production/Operations||Job type||Full Time|
|Salary||Up to $37,400|
The Material Handler is responsible for safely handling and staging material with a Forklift or Crane at the paint line/ Slitter. The Material Handler is also responsible for preparing necessary materials for packaging of finished coils. In addition to those primary functions, the Material Handler ensures that finished coils are properly identified with a coil identification ticket and are stored properly in a designated location.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
• 1 Year production/manufacturing experience preferred, not required
• Forklift and crane experience a plus, not required will train
• Must be trainable
• Basic computer skills (Email, Internet, Excel, Word)
• Detail and quality oriented
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence. In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one, in small group situations and settings is required.
• Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and statistics. Some positions may require advance mathematics.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In addition, the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Required to use power hand tools
• Required to drive a forklift, will train
• Must be able to operate overhead cranes, will train
• Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
• Ability to work with a diversified work force
• Flexible with working monthly rotating shifts; shifts will rotate after one month training on day shift
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance for essential tasks. Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate, and may require the use of hearing protection. The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence, diversity and inclusion.