|Category||Manufacturing/Production/Operations||Job type||Full Time|
|Salary||Up to $41,600|
The Customer Service Assistant provides customer service support to the Customer Service Representative(s). The Customer Service Assistant is responsible for developing reports and other documentation to support the Customer Service Representative(s) with customer/consignee communications and inventory management activities. The Customer Service Assistant helps to ensure that customer requirements are met and that customers are satisfied with the service provided
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assists the Customer Service Representatives with various customer service tasks (i.e. development of Sales Order Acknowledgments, Work Orders, Contract Review, Data Entry, Customer Complaint research, etc.)
• Performs special projects as assigned by the Customer Service Representatives or the Customer Service Leader
• Responsible for customer specific reporting of coil receipts, production, shipments and rejections
• Handles the duties of the Customer Service Representatives in the event that a Customer Service Representative is absent due to vacation, illness, etc.
• Responsible for the creation Sales Order files and the accurate archiving of all of Sales related documents including customer purchase orders, Sales Order Acknowledgments, production reports, etc.
• Maintains traceable Sales Order records that are utilized for research of shipment non-conformities, claims etc., all in accordance with Standard Procedure
• Manages the office administrative functions as needed (i.e. mail, copy machines, telephone equipment, facsimile equipment, etc.)
• Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the Quality and Environmental Managements systems in place.
• Responsible for communicating daily with all levels of employees in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent; Required-Associates Degree preferred
• A minimum 1 year related work experience is required
• Additional experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
• Ability to work with a diversified work force
• Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence, diversity and inclusion.