The Director of Marketing plays a key leadership role within the team. Responsible for brand management, strategic leadership, along with the development, planning and implementation of the overall marketing/social media strategy for the RailRiders to achieve the objective of sales growth and visibility while ensuring a consistent brand.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for all PR, community engagement, communications, marketing, creative design, social media, branding, analytics, promotions, game entertainment and digital activities.
- Generate new and creative ideas to attract new events and fans to the ballpark.
- Coordinate design and layout of print ads and direct mail pieces.
- Work with Video and Website Manager to create Team TV commercials, radio commercials, in-game commercials and other video / audio.
- Write scripts for all radio and TV commercial production, working with Sponsor Services to ensure all sponsors are properly represented.
- Oversee all website and digital strategies including website content, social media, contests and the sites "look and feel".
- Manage and improve online content.
- Oversee all branded collateral including but not limited to ads, signage, promotional items, uniforms, digital assets, etc.
- Develops contacts and relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for keeping the team and its products or services in front of public.
- Utilize databases and analytical processes to drive growth.
- Coordinate the appearance of all team print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Work closely with Sales Team to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key regional entities and local partnerships in order to maximize cross promotional opportunities.
- Work closely with the Team's PR and Communications staff to ensure maximum exposure for the team's involvement in grassroots marketing efforts and fan/community relations events.
- Create and manage a promotional team who will help fulfill all of the organizations grassroots marketing efforts.
- Review and approve all communication materials that represent the RailRiders brand.
- Creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing plan that will enhance the RailRiders brand, audience engagement and generate ticket sales.
- Develop short and long term plans and budgets for the marketing department and its activities, monitor progress and evaluate performance.
- Create / maintain departmental budget.
- Attend all Team home games and events with the ability to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- This position will directly oversee a staff of 5-7 people.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, communication or business.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing and communications with demonstrated success.
- Deep understanding of social media, analytics and branding.
- MiLB knowledge a plus but not required.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Loyalty to the brand, fellow co-workers and the overall organization.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office Suite.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with fellow employees.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Superior planning capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and project management abilities.
- Ability to prioritize workload and solve problems quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.