Comcast Spectacor, a leading sports and entertainment organization, is looking to hire a motivated and innovative individual as a Manager, Financial Planning to provide forecasting and financial analysis services to our portfolio of professional sports and entertainment properties, including the Philadelphia Flyers and Wells Fargo Center.
This position is responsible for managing the budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning process, managing the profitability of existing and new business operations, analyzing profitability variances and recommending corrective actions, and establishing best practices using emerging finance technologies.Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop financial budget and forecasting models to accurately project revenues and costs
- Manage the end-to-end budget and rolling forecast process, gathering assumptions and inputs from teams across the company, analyzing projected P&Ls, and consolidating into impactful reporting.
- Enhance cross-functional collaboration, meeting with executives, department heads, managers and staff to assess and deliver upon FP&A needs.
- Create event pro-forma financial statements to determine economic impact of potential events. Advises management in decision-making based on these analyses.
- Compare financial results to planned or forecasted results and recommends future actions. Analyzes the ongoing profitability of new businesses and initiatives entered by the Company.
- Compile insightful business metrics and KPIs, identifying trends and corrective actions designed to enhance profitability and accelerate growth.
- Perform and critique economic evaluation justifications for capital expenditures.
- Deliver internal and external financial reporting packages to executives, business units, and other stakeholders. Leads reporting requirements for Comcast corporate.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process automation across the finance department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class. Job Questions:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in developing revenue and expense predictive models in the sports & entertainment or event industry
- Experience with SaaS applications in the Finance, Planning & Analytics space, preferably Adaptive Planning/Insights.
- Project management skills, particularly managing cross-functional teams.
- High level of intellectual curiosity to understand current state, identify issues, and research and provide solutions.
- Must be agile, accurate, and efficient in meeting deadlines
- Capable of working with and reporting to all levels of management
- Are you a current or former Comcast Spectacor employee?"
- Please provide desired salary.