** Must be a current contractor with Cigna, Express Scripts, or Evernorth. Evernorth is a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
- Manages the daily operations of assigned team of 18-20+ claims processors
- Exhibits managerial courage to consistently engage staff and drive desired behaviors accurate
- Partners with short and long term capacity planners as well as the resource management group to deliver on operational and client expectations
- Understands and utilizes all Management Operating System (MOS) tools to include Barrier Time Tracker, Daily Schedule Controls, Automated Scorecard, Performance Profile and all other tools
- Utilizes active management processes to develop direct reports, enabling the team to successfully balance accuracy and quality with productivity to drive positive results with a goal of 100% accuracy.
- Works to remove barriers for front line staff and functions as a change leader to staff and matrix partners with regard to efficiency and quality.
- Meets business financial objectives through effective implementation of expense targets while meeting and exceeding customers' expectations and commitments
- Adapts communication style to effectively engage individuals/teams in a virtual environment, delivering communications positively and in support of organizational goals and objectives
- Effectively communicates organizational strategies and share transparent messages to staff
- Collaborates with matrix partners to ensure objectives and standards are met, policies and procedures are followed, gaps are identified and closed, and communications are clear
- Identifies and executes on individual and overall improvements
- Responsible for partnering with HR on people initiatives including compensation planning, performance management, staffing and employee relations concerns/issues, employee recruitment, training, teaming and employee development.
- Facilitates compliance with all corporate policies for the claims processing staff.
- Supports diversity by building an inclusive environment and valuing different perspectives
- Stay current with external changes in the health care delivery system and makes adjustments as needed
- Lead/participate in projects and initiatives in support of service and operational excellence and providing consistent, positive impact to teams.
- Work with partners to ensure claim performance meets or exceeds both quality and time to process goals.
- Ability to prioritize critical objectives focusing on high impact components.
- Ability to work with high sense of urgency.
- Ability to mentor and coach supervisors to meet or exceed goals successfully.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience managing claim processor's preferred
- 2+ years of experience using KPI tools to access and improve performance preferred
- Experience and passion for leading, developing and motivating employees required
- Deep understanding and passion for serving customers
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills required
- Ability to drive change and make process improvements required
- Prior experience leading projects to enhance business outcomes
- Strong time management skills required
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.About Cigna
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.