Enterprise Client Executive Role Overview
The Health Services/Cigna Payer Solutions Enterprise Client Executives (ECEs) are responsible for managing the strategy and growth road map as well as serving as the Executive Sponsor to our largest health plan customers. The forward-thinking ECE is the general manager of the account. In this capacity, the ECE must accelerate client value by leading our long-term consultative strategy and overall client relationship to become the client's trusted advisor. Externally, the ECE serves as an executive sponsor with client decision-makers from the C-Suite and executive healthcare leaders to assess their needs and provide relevant products and services to solve their issues. Internally, the ECE must collaborate across Accredo Specialty Pharmacy, Care Coordination, eviCore Medical Benefit Management, Express Scripts PBM, and Cigna Payer Solutions teams and related solutions to maximize value to the client. Key Responsibilities: Senior-Level Relationships and Client Advocacy
Account Strategy & Service Delivery
- Develop strong C-suite, SVP, and Vice President relationships across targeted health plan clients including CEO, CFO, and other top medical and pharmacy leaders.
- Leverage existing relationships from current business units to gain creditability for other Health Services and Cigna Payer Solutions strategic opportunities
- Attain knowledge on client's business goals and objectives and identify opportunities to align our Enterprise solutions to solve the decision-makers' pain points.
- Build customer alignment to create a level of loyalty that competitors find hard to overcome during contract renewals.
- Anticipate, mitigate, and manage risk to Health Services/Cigna Payer Solutions and the client.
- Identify and prioritize expansion opportunities based on client needs and our strengths and incorporate into account-specific business/revenue plan. The enterprise account plan will identify the important decision-makers, understand buying and annual budgeting processes and responsible parties involved, and set out a strategy for building relationships with decision-makers and outlines revenue targets for each specific product/service.
- Organize periodic joint planning sessions with the health plan C-suite to discuss market trends, benchmark data, key insights that can be incorporated into LOB margin improvement and membership expansion strategies.
- Provide strategic support on new health plan product launches and Medicare/Medicaid bid planning.
- Work with the health plan to develop a Star and HEDIS improvement plan that identifies and fills gaps using Health Services holistic capabilities.
- Partner with the health plan's sales, account management, and actuarial teams to win and retain Commercial groups.
- Enable the health plan and their provider network team to increase the number of down-side risk contracts with hospital systems and provider groups.
- Elevate enterprise QBR/enterprise strategic partnership meeting at C-suite level to encompass overall performance across all Health Services/Cigna Payer Solutions product offerings.
- Work with current SAM, S/CRE, and Sales support teams to manage the account, deliver services, and update customer relationship tools including client health status.
Product and Solution Delivery
- Manage account P&L across Health Services and Cigna Payer Solutions to meet or exceed targets, with emphasis on profit, revenue and growth.
- Expand the range of our services to the client, increasing the depth and breadth of service offerings and expand client's share of wallet while maximizing overall decision-makers overall satisfaction with service and results.
- Ensure all new business improves the overall financial health of the account.
- Meet internally with business unit Presidents, Financial VPs, and product VPs to discuss financial opportunities in depth and strategize account priorities.
Position Success Criteria
- Invite health plan executives to participate in Health Services product development steering committees.
- Explore broad joint ventures and innovation collaboration with health plan executives that lock in long term partnership commitments and lock out potential competitors.
- Collaborate with appropriate Sales SMEs to develop and implement a client-specific sales strategy to meet each client's unique needs.
- Represent the full spectrum of enterprise capabilities to the client and serve as the client advocate inside Express Scripts.
- Serve as an ever-present executive sponsor accountable leader to each account for escalation, ownership, and account satisfaction across Health Services and Cigna Payer Solutions
- Develop a full understanding of client needs and utilize Challenger sales methodology to make the case for change. Assist in molding our current products into solution-sets that clients want to buy. Where solution gaps exist, work with product and innovation teams to develop custom new solutions.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Establishing self as trusted executive sponsor to business unit account/sales team and be relied upon for partnership to expand our business relationship over time.
- Expanding our business footprint from other business units with new products and services in a material and profitable manner.
- Meeting or exceeding annual growth and profitability targets.
- Increasing our account retention position and long-term partnership when account puts business out for competition.
- Gaining agreement to be a reference account to future Health Plan account pursuits to gain market credibility.
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters strongly preferred.
- Experience in Sr. Corporate leadership as either a C-suite or SVP role, or 15+ years of experience managing longer, complex sales cycles into senior level decision makers.
- 15-20 years of healthcare experience including health plan, pharmacy benefit management, Specialty Pharmacy, and Medical Benefit Management preferred.
- Proven track record of building trust from ground zero, synthesizing account goals into product/service offerings, and selling our solutions for the mutual benefit of the account and Health Services and Payer Solutions.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong existing C-suite relationships with multiple managed care organizations.
- Demonstrate the initiative and experience to proactively identify issues, plan work and meet goals on schedule.
- Experience in successfully aligning teams in complex, matrixed organizations to actively manage relationships and mitigate individual economic concerns.
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Thought leadership; Client Advocacy; Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.