Role Summary/Key Objectives:
The IT Project Management Senior Advisor is responsible to manage one or more projects or project work streams within a larger program. This role is responsible to represent Global Infrastructure & Operations (GIS&O), lead project teams using either waterfall or agile standard delivery methodologies. The objective is to set and manage all stakeholder expectations towards successful project completion, meeting financial, schedule, and scope targets. Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, stability and delivery of high quality work efforts. This role will join the Special Projects teams supporting Enterprise level initiatives in the M&A and NDA business space. Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensures projects are delivered on time and within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet stakeholder expectations
- May manage and direct one or more project teams, establishes role expectations for all Global Infrastructure & Operations project team members, and provides performance feedback to project team members' managers
- Understands project objectives, business and customer impacts, and provides context to GIS&O project team members to ensure alignment of priority and critical decisions throughout the project lifecycle
- Applying industry standard project management processes and methodologies to track and report progress
- Responsible for the quality and timely delivery of all project artifacts
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts schedules and resources to meet project needs
- Manages work across teams in standard toolsets, manages budgets as needed; facilitates and keeps teams focused on critical path
- Evaluates and effectively communicates project progress results, risks issues, and needs
- Validates forecast and provides on-going reconciliation of resource plan
- Closely collaborates with team members to successfully execute development initiatives using Agile practices and principles
- Participates in large-scale development projects involving multiple areas outside of core team
- Demonstrates value based decision making and Agile principles across teams
- Shares knowledge and experience to contribute to growth of overall team capabilities
- Participates in the deployment, change, configuration, management, administration and maintenance of deployment process and systems
- Successful candidates are strong planners, have solid facilitation skills, and an ability to build and maintain strong and positive relationships
- Candidates are able to demonstrate ownership of their assignments, confidence in leading others, and ability to maintain focus of delivery from inception to successful implementation
- Skills that are strongly needed are critical thinking, analytical and curious mindset, and technically savvy.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills is a must; ability to present complex technical ideas to cross-functional audiences, business implications/priorities to technical teams, and can bring project challenges to management's attention effectively
- 6+ years of related work experience as a project team member, including 2 or more years in a project leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project Management or Agile certifications a plus (PMP, ITIL, Six Sigma, Scrum, RTE)
- Open to United States work from home locations
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.