|Category||Distribution Operations||Job type||Full Time|
Leads the maintenance and building services function across multiple sites throughout the USA in accordance with company policies and procedures.
1. Ensures all preventative maintenance, breakdown repairs and building services activities for a multi-shift operation. Identify and establish best practice standards across all facilities using LEAN principles.
2. Provides approvals to work plans and may provide priority status to work assignments. Develops annual expense and capital budgets and ensures compliance by monitoring expenses.
3. Identifies opportunities for improvement in the areas of safety, facility maintenance, postings/notifications and other administrative duties. Collaborates with Industrial Engineering Manager and others within Logistics Services and Distribution & Fulfillment (DC/FC) Directors before implementing process changes.
4. Ensures communication with external vendors and contractors is handled effectively by each Maintenance & Building Services Manager. Provides updates to supervisor and DC/FC Directors regarding project progress on all contracted work, job bid status, and equipment needs.
5. Takes proactive role in establishing and carrying out shrinkage control disciplines and programs and accepts high level of responsibility for distribution center's shrinkage performance.
6. Performs all managerial responsibilities concerning Individual Development Plans (IDPs), Human Resources policies and wage administration.
7. Uses discretion and independent judgment while maintaining the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values statement in making all business decisions.
8. Travels to each facility once per quarter or as needed to ensure department operation, safety, compliance and associate development.
1. Five to seven years' experience in a maintenance management capacity within a Distribution Center, Warehouse or Industrial Facility strongly preferred.
2. A thorough knowledge of industrial maintenance is required including but not limited to local Building Codes, OSHA and safety regulations.
3. Previous Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) knowledge preferred.
4. Demonstrated leadership ability is required.
5. Two years of a technical school or four-year apprenticeship would be preferred.
6. Knowledge of mechanical, electrical AC/DC electrical circuitry, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, conveyor mechanical & controls and forklift maintenance is required.
7. Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace including walking, bending and lifting within a Distribution Center environment required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.