Made for Music, Built for HockeyAbout UBS Arena
UBS Arena is the first third-generation arena in New York and will become the new home for the New York Islanders for the 2021-22 season. On the grounds of historic Belmont Park, UBS Arena is Made for Music and Built for Hockey; designed to deliver superior concert acoustics and unforgettable experiences for both music and hockey fans. UBS Arena will attract a roster of world-class artists and diverse music genres and expects to host more than 150 major events annually.Position Summary
UBS Arena, the first third-generation arena in the industry and future home to New York Islanders, is hiring a Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis.
At 700,000 square feet and seating up to 19,000 visitors, UBS Arena is being "made for music, built for hockey."
The Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. You will partner closely with the various arena business and operations functions to gather budget, forecast, track and manage revenues and expenses in order to make data driven recommendations and validate and implement solutions. You will bring a strong analytical skill set to help lead the planning activities for our business.While you are, you will:
What you need to be qualified:
- In conjunction with Operations (meetings, worksheet reviews, etc.) prepare detailed consolidated zero-based annual budget for stakeholders, Board of Directors and debt holders, including:
- Situation Analysis - strengths, weaknesses, business environment, competition, etc.
- Strategic Plan - organization's goals and milestones to achieve
- Income Statement - detail by event, sponsor, premium, personnel, general and administrative expenses, depreciation, interest.
- Cash Flow
- Capital Expenditures - including rationale and ROI (if applicable)
- Staffing - by person, promotions / adjustments, new hire request justification, etc.
- Variance analysis to current and prior year.
- Risks and Opportunities sensitivity analysis
- Input annual budget to general ledger for tracking purposes
- Review monthly financial reports, analyze variances and trends and write analysis ("Monthly Financial Report") to the monthly financial reports for distribution to the various stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly 'Outlooks' (working with Operations) for inclusion in the monthly report. High level looks at the current quarter and full year.
- Prepare more detailed (more than Outlooks, less than Budget) quarterly 'Forecasts' in conjunction with Operations. Input same into the GL for tracking.
- Prepare financial reports for quarterly Board of Managers meeting; assist in compiling entire Board presentation.
- Participate and prepare cost estimates for union negotiations.
- Review capital expenditure requests for supporting documentation, ROI, etc.
- Review expenditure and contract requests for budget status.
- Assist in event budget preparation as needed
- Ad hoc analysis (F&B, Merchandise, Premium, Parking, etc.) as needed
Who you are:
- 7-10 years progressive experience in strategy, development, FP&A function within a growing business
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or similar. MBA desirable but not required.
- Experience in entertainment or venue management preferred
- Ability to create and lead a positive and inclusive workplace environment
- Creative problem solver who can identify solutions and address guest concerns efficiently and professionally while remaining calm under pressure
- Strong communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts
- Demonstrated success in leading, motivating, and developing employees
- Personal integrity and practice of leading with the organization's best interest in mind
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
Joining the team means:
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment's notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
The Fine Print
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
UBS Arena is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Job Questions:
- Do you have 7+ years of progressive experience in strategy, development, financial planning and analysis?
- Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in finance or a similar field?
- Do you have prior experience in the entertainment or venue management industry?