Under general supervision by the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technicians
perform general facility maintenance and repair tasks of average to moderate difficulty to ensure that the facility remains in a presentable, operable and efficient condition. Tasks include ensuring proper working condition of HVAC, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems, and occasional grounds keeping and general trades' tasks. In the absence of the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technicians will receive instruction from the Director of Operations.
- The primary focus of this Maintenance Technician position will be on the facilities HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and regular maintenance on a wide range of facility systems including, but not limited to, pumps, motors, filtering devices, air conditioning and heating equipment and other mechanical devices which requires the ability to grasp, hold, bend and twist a wide range of tools, equipment and materials
- Monitor, service and repair various HVAC, plumbing and other utility systems throughout the facility
- Respond to emergency requests for repair services, diagnoses problems and either immediately makes repairs or calls on a supervisor for additional assistance or direction
- Perform basic plumbing, electrical, painting masonry, welding, carpentry and other trades related tasks
- Schedule and monitor the facility Building Automation System (BAS). Adjusts thermostats, variable air volume (VAV) boxes and other interior space controls on a regular basis to maintain a comfortable and efficiently maintained environment.
- Recommend repairs needed on equipment and facility structures by preparing and submitting time, material and cost reports.
- Maintain maintenance logs, inventory records and replacement schedules for equipment and supplies.
- Solicit quotes from vendors. Obtain approval for purchases or services. Orders and picks up parts and supplies.
- Provide direction to and oversee assignments to full time and part-time Maintenance Laborers
- Maintain storage areas and equipment in designated areas in a neat and orderly manner
- Maintain repair log, inventory record and replacement schedule for facility equipment and supplies
- Plans work to ensure cost effective use of labor and materials
- Performs duties and responsibilities with view toward department and company goals and energy conservation
- Designated essential staff member (assist during inclement weather with snow removal or other emergency duties)
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in general facility maintenance, construction or a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of practical experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining HVAC and plumbing equipment and systems
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Degree or certification showing the completion of a two-year program from either a trade or technical school, or a community college with course work pertaining to commercial heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and plumbing.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current CPR certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Virginia driver's license
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Virginia HVAC License at the journeyman level within one year of employment
- Support the daily operations of the Center by providing troubleshooting, maintenance and preventative/corrective repairs for a wide variety of air conditioning, refrigeration, heating, ventilation and plumbing equipment.
- Perform a wide range of preventative and general facility maintenance and repair tasks in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with OSHA, NFPA, ASHRE and other nationally recognized code requirements
- Operate a wide variety of equipment used in the maintenance of the facility such as HVAC diagnostic equipment, and tools, saws, drills, torches, sanders, cutters, grinders and other maintenance equipment
- Drive pick-up trucks, electric vehicles, forklifts, high-lifts, scissor lifts, and other motorized vehicles and equipment as required
- Grasp, hold, bend and twist a wide range of tools, equipment and materials
- Read and interprets blueprints, specifications, shop drawings, manufacturer's specifications and other reference materials to determine most appropriate methods of completing tasks
- Identify job related challenges and make corrective recommendations to supervisor
- Work independently in the absence of or with minimal supervision
- Follow verbal and written instructions, demonstrates attention to detail, Provide concise work directions to others
- Work effectively under pressure in meeting urgent deadlines in a service-oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users/guests
- Exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly. Bend, crawl, and kneel to access areas requiring repair or installation.
- Work in areas up to 80 feet in height that require the ability to climb ladders or use an aerial lift
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) workdays and extended numbers of days
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction. Spectra
is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply .