Aligned with a team of CIGNA Healthcare Sales Professionals, the Dental Sales Manager is positioned as the market leader for the dental product for our Taft-Hartley business. Individual will be responsible for business throughout the United States.
Overall responsibilities are broadly defined in the categories of market strategy, new business development, client retention, training/coaching and product expertise. S/he is expected to ensure the successful attainment of all assigned membership and profitability goals in the assigned territory. Key factors for success include a strong sales orientation, a powerful inclination to influence the actions and results of others, superior personal credibility and demonstrated expertise in the delivery of CIGNA's dental products. In driving market success, the DSM must possess and capitalize on an enduring capacity to understand, assimilate and effectively promulgate complicated product features and advantages to peers. This is critical because of a constantly changing market environment, along with continually evolving competitive responses from CIGNA Dental. In most instances, the DSM operates quite independently, with only broad management direction from local sales management and with limited coaching and counseling from the Dental organization.Market Strategy Responsibilities
Sales Key Responsibilities
- Use insight into customer needs, local competitive landscape and independent judgment to work with the Dental Organization to drive industry leading Dental Products, Networks and Pricing.
- Work in conjunction with aligned CIGNA Healthcare sales team; develop and implement short and long-term sales strategies for local market; focus on brokers/consultants as well as industry (i.e. Government Sector).
- Annually develop an individual business plan, providing a clear path to the attainment of profitable membership growth;
- Assume singular responsibility for overall market results, balancing membership needs and profit levers
- Operate as the liaison between the market's sales team and the Dental Organization, reporting progress against plan, identifying gaps, and directing action to avoid future shortfalls
- Fulfill all perceived information needs expressed by GMs and SMs; this includes ETF competitiveness review, network competitiveness, etc.
- Make determinations as to proper use of limited resources, particularly in area of network recruitment and management
Client Management Key Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed new business goals for assigned territory
- Maintain visibility among brokers/consultants throughout the year; demonstrate a strong understanding of their perspective and their needs; actively promote the Dental Value Proposition
- Work in conjunction with aligned CIGNA Healthcare sales team to maximize the volume of Dental new business opportunities generated by the producer community; suggest alternative strategies as deemed necessary
- In consultation with aligned CIGNA Healthcare Client Managers, develop and execute on a comprehensive Dental Y upsell strategy
- Build collaborative partnerships by actively participating in local market management discussions (e.g., growth calls, local strategy development meetings, etc.)
- Understand competitive and market-level dynamics and implications; independently recognize those that must be brought back to Dental Senior Management Team
Training/Coaching Key Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed persistency goals for assigned territory
- By assimilating output from multiple operating systems, provide consultative support to our customers utilizing Dental Benefit Insight Reporting Tools
- Drive successful retention and growth of existing Book of Business; as needed provide proactive and consultative dental subject matter expertise on large and/or "at risk" cases within aligned market geography
- Offer support to CIGNA Healthcare Client Managers in the face of client-facing service challenges; intervene with Underwriting to ensure competitiveness; delineate network strategies (as required) and ensure attainment of goals
- Maintain all-encompassing knowledge and proficiency in CIGNA Dental's products and capabilities; accomplish this through attendance and active participation in ongoing monthly dental information sessions, monthly dental operating results reviews, training programs, etc.
- Maintain a tight connection between the CIGNA Dental Organization and the aligned CIGNA Healthcare sales team; promulgate the Value Proposition, emerging competitive information, and any other new information which helps to drive sales and reinforces partnership
- Ensure 100% satisfaction of local Market management in terms of ability of sales team to understand effectively deliver Dental Value Proposition
- Provide dental updates and training to CIGNA Healthcare sales partners, Producers and Clients
- Through superior coaching skills, aggressively and proactively promote new dental products and features (i.e. DICE/Brighter, Member Outreach, etc.) ; provide ongoing coaching to the CIGNA Healthcare sales partners on Dental product positioning and techniques on how to sell against top market competitors
- College Degree or years equivalent related experience.
- 5+ years' experience in Dental benefits highly preferred. Proven healthcare experience is required, managed dental sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work very independently in a complex environment requiring "real time" judgment and discretion, strong analytical skills, common sense, decisiveness and assertiveness
- Strong influence skills and ability to work cooperatively with others in a highly matrixed environment.
- Excellent communication, customer service skills and sales negotiation skills.
- Financial Savvy; membership growth orientation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, including well-honed public speaking, presentation and writing skills.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.About Cigna
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.