Do you love any of these things:
- exploring ways of doing work more effectively and efficiently
- facilitating a group of high energy, smart individuals through designing new ways of working and making decisions
- taking the lead and create a vision for what the future could be
- leading by actions to keep people on track and organized
Do you have any of these proved successes:
- using Agile delivery approach to iterate through work faster and more effectively
- using an Agile mindset to influence, negotiate and make decisions
If you answer yes to these questions, then this job could be for you!
This role requires demonstrated modeling as a strategist, a leader, a partner, a connector, and a trainer to key constituents. It requires gifted skills in relationships, credibility, influencing, and trust building. Success will include leading & partnering with Business Leaders, matrix partners, all levels of management, and peers throughout the organization to lead and support both incremental and transformational change across the Cigna organization. Job Components The Business Process Engineer is a leader who will have accountability for the following:
Level of Leadership (demonstrated) :
- Developing, configuring and optimizing processes from inception through to start up and implementation
- Utilize established agile program methodology to develop plans for assigned projects, partnering with other service team members to drive a thoughtful and simple delivery framework and ensure alignment at all levels and all times through the initiative life cycle
- Using process automation, machine learning to help create more effective and efficient, value-add processes
- Assessing processes, taking measurements and interpreting data
- Creating and execute against plans, reporting appropriately on value, effectiveness and status
- Design and lead effective meetings with senior executives, managers, and stakeholders as appropriate
- Identify and work to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful change initiative and administrative efficiency that will lead to cost containment and/or reduction
- Work collaboratively with project team members to identify mitigation strategies, take early action to resolve issues and address cross-team impacts, working with appropriate resources across a variety of business units
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral, communicate effectively with senior management, process owners, stakeholders, and other audiences
- Model effective process & design engineering skills, activities and behaviors during all work efforts
- Accountable for your own success and the success of your work
- Self-directed and capable of leading a team of professionals through the design, building and implementation of change
- Works well with all sizes of groups from a wider range of different organizations, as well as reporting out to senior executives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, embracing change and helping others see it as an opportunity and stay focused on goals while adapting to change
- Ability to course correct fast and effectively, with limited direction and support
- Maintains and sees the value in establishing a positive working relationship with teammates and matrix partners.
- Be a risk taker; not afraid to take challenging assignments/situations
- Continually strive to improve their own skills and competencies by demonstrating initiative to participate in ongoing coaching and training programs
- Demonstrated ability to drive results required.
- Be a positive role model
- 3 or more years of process engineering or applicable experience
- Has experience in Scaled Agile methodology
- Bachelor's degree required in organizational psychology, sociology, change management, business management or a related field, MA or MS a plus
- Experience supporting large change management initiatives in a large scale business environment
- Experience and broad knowledge of process engineering principles, methodologies, and best practices; Scaled Agile, Lean, Six Sigma certifications, in multiple programs preferred
- Proven ability to successfully and sustainably drive organizational change
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle, Agile experience preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills, both written and verbal, ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Excellent active listening skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to engage and influence at all levels of the organizational structure
- Ability to easily move between lead role and support role as work is assigned
- Ability to see the big picture, and operate effectively delivering tactical and strategic objectives
- Demonstrated passion around customer focus and improving processes that impact customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships and establish a high level of credibility across functional lines of business and organizational levels
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills ; Strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Working knowledge of tools like BlueWorks Live, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Rally, Jira, Jira Aligned, SharePoint)
- Travel required (
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.About Cigna
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.