Business Project DirectorClinical and Customer Analytics
* Location preferred EST or/ CST open to other locations/ must be able to perform work duties during EST hours. Role Summary
Reporting to management required to ensure the development of and execution against the our strategy; ensuring that the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting processes, and talent is in place to effectively grow the organization; and deliver financial discipline and operating efficiency.
This role is also responsible for establishing and leading, cross-functional operational and project initiatives; they will assemble and mobilize capable, appropriately staffed teams to achieve project and operational goals. To accomplish this, the BPD must possess the energy and creative drive to effectively lead a team of high performing professionals across multiple segments and functions.
The two areas of responsibility include two newly formed analytic teams:
Digital Analytics - Foundational to Simple and Predictable pillars of the company. No current joint strategic roadmap on analytic enablement between GDA & Digital Teams
Utilization Management Analytics - Foundational to Affordable and Predictable pillars of the company.
The Business Project Director will play a critical role helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of our Clinical and Customer Analytics organization and is a great opportunity for individuals looking to grow their understanding of Data and Analytics and has significant potential for expanded responsibilities. This position is with Evernorth, a new business within the Cigna Corporation. Core Responsibilities
1. Focus the majority of leaders time (70%<)to help with illustrating the visions, partnering on strategic planning, and co-creating business cases.
2. Expand the bench strength of the project managers under the Director, to ensure the tactical aspects of the job are managed by the Director as needed (30%> of time).
3. Owns management process; responsible for ongoing implementation, adherence, revisions, etc.Works closely with extended C&C and other analytic leadership teams to understand and evolve overall analytics Operating Model.
- Leadership : Work collaboratively with the leadership team on all aspects of the day-to-day operating activities to drive execution against the most critical initiatives and represent value story to local Market and Functional partners; serves as a proxy to the C&C Leader as required.
- Strategy, Planning and Execution : Works closely with the cross enterprise teams to ensure strategy development that will articulate the vision to achieve goals. Develop multi-year roadmap with specific actions needed to achieve goals across all lines of business. Ensure that funding and resources are prioritized and committed to complete actions and resolve resource gaps. Monitor whether actions achieved intended goals and revise future strategy and plans.
- Growth & Affordability Portfolio Oversight : Works with analytics and Local Market Leadership to identify the operating portfolio of baseline analytics services and longer-term strategic investment that maximize Enterprise growth and total cost of care. Oversees service model transition of baseline services with C&C leadership team and works closely with various leaders to represent strategic investment needs across Strategic Portfolio.
- Management Process - C&C Operating Model: Owns management process; responsible for ongoing implementation, adherence, revisions, etc. Works closely with extended C&C and other analytic leadership teams to understand and evolve overall analytics Operating Model.
- Talent: Shared accountability along with the C&C Leaders and HR for optimizing aligned talent (working with leadership team and matrix partners as appropriate):
- Assess and ensure upgrade of talent where and when necessary to ensure execution against our strategy; aggressively manage performance
- Ensure creation and ongoing maintenance of a talent pipeline for critical roles
Additionally - the following priorities will be included in the scope of responsibility of this role:
Qualifications and Competencies
- Implementation of Service Optimization enabled by Analytics as part of the Office of Automated Intelligence
- Scaling the One Guide US Commercial solution to the Government business for 2022 business
- Transitioning of US Commercial Health Plan Analytics (e.g. Health Matters Product) to be repurposed and operationalized for EverNorth Care Coordination clients
- Oversee the agile planning associated with bringing together multiple external digital health vendor partnership within the Cigna Analytic ecosystem
- Identify, manage, and realize synergies between Clinical, Customer Analytics, and other analytics functions within the Enterprise
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree highly desirable.
- A seasoned, respected leader with a minimum of 12+ years of experience in the health services industry with specific experience in managing multiple aspects of the business operations.
- Demonstrated results in being able to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into both a short-term and long-term organizational plan
- General Management - Thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing
- Drive for Results - Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen, including successful P&L management and the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; allocates resources and manages operating expenses to maximize P&L while managing risk.
- Strategic Vision and Agility - Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Leadership and Organization - Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people and cross-functional teams; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind.
- Matrix Management/Relationship Building - Enterprise thinker with proven ability to influence across a matrix environment. Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization, and with external partners.
- Communication - Strong persuasion skills and effective communicator; ability to create and communicate a compelling vision internally and externally.
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.About Cigna
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.