Engagement Consultant Job DescriptionRole Summary
Responsible for consulting with employers and brokers in the development of strategic health improvement plans, spearheading customer engagement initiatives, coordinating all open enrollment activities and educating customers on being better consumers of healthcare. Strategically collaborates with Client Manager to ensure client and customer needs are met and potential problems are averted. Keeps client manager informed of account status and opportunities for expanded business.Responsibilities
- Utilize Cigna's Dimensions of Well-Being concepts to develop customized engagement strategies that empower customers to become responsible health care consumers.
- Responsible for executing agreed upon Recommended Action Plan with the intention of achieving specific engagement and outcome based metrics that showcase the overall success of the Recommended Action Plan for assigned medical and dental clients.
- Serve as a subject matter expert who effectively articulates and demonstrates Cigna's health engagement solutions aligned with Cigna's Go to Market message. Drive and lead all aspects of open enrollment including but not limited to conducting on-site customer facing presentations/meetings on benefit and product offerings. Coordinate and lead all onsite customer facing activities including health and benefit fairs, community events and non-clinical presentations.
- Monitor and ensure Cigna appropriated funds such as Health Improvement Funds (HIF) are utilized in adherence with company guidelines.
- Support local sales team in new business opportunities, request for proposals, external speaking engagements, community initiatives, and training initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Client Management team in the development of client-specific strategies and in the pursuit of client relationship growth as well as health and well-being opportunities. .
- Provide ongoing analysis and evaluation of client communication/health/wellness strategies to determine effectiveness, penetration, and impact to client's total claims and utilization, biometric data, and employee engagement
- Provide active support to Sales growth and persistency targets at market level. Coordinate with sales partners to identify opportunities for product penetration of existing accounts, potential sales of ancillary products and strategies to maximize membership.
- May be aligned to larger more complex book of business
- Mentor and coach team members
- Lead onboarding and training of new hires
- Take on stretch assignments aligned to career development and as directed by Manager
- Serve as a back up to manager as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Proficient knowledge (5+ years) in health care / health management / managed care business, well-being or health promotion; to include many or all of the following: product knowledge, sales practices, account management and knowledge of administrative operations
- Ability to function in consultative manner and provide strategic direction/recommendations
- Ability to quickly establish relationships and build credibility with clients, customers and peers
- Fosters a growth mind-set and champions Cigna's Connect to Growth philosophy
- Ability to take a proactive approach and be a critical thinker when supporting clients
- Ability to manage through systems and influence direct and matrix partners to deliver
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated planning/organizational and project management skills, ability to plan for both the long and short term
- Effectively works on many initiatives/issues at once and to prioritize work.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills; attention to detail and proven ability to manage set timelines.
- Ability to obtain necessary licenses. Certified through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (CHES or MCHES) or State Board, or National Wellness Institute (NWI) or Chapman Institute
- Ability to obtain Health and Life Insurance license
Travel: Yes, 30-50 % of the Time; overnight travel may be requiredAbout Cigna
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.