This role is responsible for advancing the patient experience. S/he will be responsible for the assessment, solution, implementation and sustainability of assigned patient satisfaction initiatives to improve patient experience across operations in alignment with strategic initiatives and operational objectives. Role will utilize evidence, fact-based practices in a collaborative team environment. S/he will be responsible for mapping patient journeys and business processes, defining and executing operational process improvements in Accredo's contact center and pharmacy therapeutic recourse centers, making data driven recommendations to optimize performance and supporting the delivery of contractually obligated performance guarantees. Work closely with business SMEs and leadership to improve the overall quality of the patient experience and ensure initiatives remain on schedule to achieve transformational business objectives.Responsibilities
Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and partner with the business to conduct business assessments, identify and implement solutions, and provide tactical and strategic direction to achieve desired business objectives with respect to quality, cost, and timeliness.
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Lead the identification and elimination of defects resulting from People, Process, and Technology deficiencies to achieve quantifiable quality goals.
- Map patient journeys and operational processes, documenting existing and recommended processes, practices, and measurement systems.
- Collect and analyze existing business and process data.
- Identify and specify additional data necessary to characterize critical process parameters and fill current data gaps.
- Design and conduct statistical analyses required to determine and understand the effects of key factors related to people, process, and technology performance.
- Conduct process observations & audits, root cause analysis, and related problem solving.
- Compile analytical results with identification, quantification, and prioritization of opportunities.
- Perform Cost Benefit Analysis to size opportunity in support of financial investment and business impact.
- Develop and execute comprehensive action plans based on analytical findings.
- Design future state business requirements and processes, influencing stakeholders to move beyond current thought processes.
- Assess both quantifiable and qualitative benefits of moving from the current state to future state business design.
- Make organizational observations and change readiness assessments, and deploy change management programs as required.
- In concert with business partners, lead implementation and validation of improvements.
- Design and deploy management and measurement systems and dashboards.
- Supervise development of procedures, work instructions, job aids and training materials.
- Present opportunities, plans, and results to stakeholders and leadership.
- Provide constant, ongoing communication to ensure barriers/obstacles to business process improvement are removed and necessary support is always provided.
- Compile and communicate project results, including quality improvement, cost-savings, and service impacts for process improvements.
- Mentor, train, and drive skills development for staff and other business partners.
- Execute ad-hoc requests.
- Advanced quality methods and tools (eg., DMAIC, DFSS).
- Advanced data analytics and reporting skills; Tableau, SQL, and macro writing skills preferred.
- Decision and prioritization tools and facilitation techniques.
- Design of effective process measurement scorecards and control mechanisms to leverage metrics and data for optimal business performance.
- Development of cross-organizational value streams, E2E workflow and associated process data.
- Drive our organizations, people, and processes toward a high-performance, patient-centric culture of quality.
- May manage a team of process and/or business analysts.
- Self-directed and capable of leading a team of professionals within and/or across matrix partner organizations.
- Maintains a positive and productive working relationship with teammates, staff, and matrix partners.
- Works well with larger groups from a wider range of organizations, as well as reporting out to senior executives.
- Continually strives to improve own skills and competencies by demonstrating initiative to participate in ongoing coaching and training programs.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and exceed desired results.
- Leads by example in technical expertise, ability to operate with a sense of urgency, and can-do attitude.
- Possess intellectual curiosity, quality and growth mindset.
- At least 8 years relevant experience.
- BA/BS in Business Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related curriculum preferred; MBA preferred
- Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt training preferred.
- Knowledge of the PBM, Specialty, or healthcare industry preferred.
- Strong financial acumen and thorough understand of business operations and processes.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong statistical analysis, root cause analysis, solutioning, and implementation skills required.
- Excellent command over MS Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Teams, etc.
- Proficient in project management tools and skills.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.About Cigna
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.