|Category||Marketing||Job type||Full Time|
Conducts and delivers store space insights and recommendations to inform the division and category space brokering process. Uses robust space and category productivity data and analytics to develop fact-based actionable space reallocation recommendations. Develops the analytics, reporting, and scorecards that measure the impact of space productivity changes, and monitor trends and anomalies which then inform space brokering recommendations as part of quarterly and annual buy strategies. Partners with the Floor Planning team to ensure that space changes are executed, and productivity improvements are realized.
1. Partners with the Merchandising team to understand current and future business strategies, business trends, and financial goals as an input to using analytics and productivity measures to develop store space recommendations through the space brokering process.
2. Uses space analytics to develop actionable recommendations to be incorporated in annual and quarterly buy strategies.
3. Provides fact-based insights to the Space Planning and Merchandising teams for space optimization and allocation decision making.
4. Partners with the Floor Planning Analysts to ensure that approved decisions are executed on store floor plans accurately and within the defined timelines. Provides clarification and support to that team as needed.
5. Applies a deep understanding of space and analytical tools, data, processes, and key metrics to optimize space and align with the category/division business goals and strategies.
6. Applies other data inputs as appropriate (e.g. business strategies, consumer insights, competitor insights, financial metrics) in tandem with space data and space productivity measures to inform the recommendations for space allocation.
7. Evaluates the team’s analytics and practices, and provides efficiency and effectiveness recommendations to the Space Analytics Manager to support the continuous improvement processes and advancement of the function.
8. Provides support for ad hoc analysis, problem-solving, and data insights leveraging space analytics tools, as directed by the Space Analytics Manager.
9. Effectively analyzes and interprets the data results and communicates those inisights to the Space and Merchandising teams in a manner that is clear, concise, and action oriented.
10. Responsible for the accuracy, quality, and completeness of the space data used in the analysis. Brings attention as needed for action, data quality issues, or anomalies found.
11. Translates recommendations into non-technical output to help teams make sound decisions to optimize space based on strategic considerations and ROI.
12. Serves as a subject matter expert on special initiatives as assigned by the Space Analytics Manager.
13. Responsible for the creation and delivery of space productivity KPIs and scorecards, along with data insights to highlight opportunities.
14. Active participant with all key stakeholders involved in the Space Management and Category Space Allocation process as directed by the Space Analytics Manager.
15. Key point of contact for space data and analysis related questions.
1. Bachelor's degree in MIS or Business, or minimum five years of transferrable retail experience required.
2. Minimum five years experience with data analysis and modeling, statistics, and/or predictive analytics required.
3. Minimum five years in a retail business analytics position and/or Merchandising/Category Management experience preferred.
4. Understanding of retail business strategies, optimizing retail space, and interpreting customer shopping patterns preferred.
5. Prior experience with Assortment and Space Planning Tools [especially Blue Yonder's Space Planning (CKB, Floor Planning, POG Generator) and Assortment Optimization applications] preferred.
6. Proven experience in Business Intelligence tools for the retrieval of data required.
7. Strong analytical and evaluative skills with the ability to draw conclusions, develop processes, and execute effectively from extensive data sources required.
8. Effective time management, communication, prioritizing and problem-solving skills required.
9. Strong written and verbal presentation skills (including ability to make PowerPoint presentations) with proven capabilities to tailor messages appropriately to the audience including leadership required. Skill at communicating effectively with and influencing Executive and cross-functional leadership preferred.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.