|Category||Business/Strategic Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Salary||Up to $55,000|
As a member of the Purchasing Department, the Category Buyer will serve as the liaison between Company and its (non-carrier) vendors. The duties involve creating purchase requisitions and purchase orders, allocating GL codes accurately, answering vendor and departmental questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. The successful candidate for this position has a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts, experience in Oracle Procure-to-Pay or similar program, sourcing and vetting vendors, and negotiating contracts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Manage and create requisitions, purchase orders, and reporting in Oracle Procure-to-Pay program
• Track KPI's and deliver reports as assigned.
• Develop an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open and closed purchase orders
• Establish reliable lines of contact with field management team to ensure that all field purchase orders are accurate
• Execute comprehensive RFQ process and support functional users in a timely manner.
• Identify and develop strategic supply sources and cost savings initiatives.
• Sourcing, standardization, spend control and innovation with suppliers.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education And Experience
• 5+ years of experience in Procurement or Supply Chain functions
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
• Contract negotiation experience
• Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Outlook and document management software
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; researching/problem-solving skills
• Experience in transportation and logistics a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle Procure-to-Pay or similar program
• Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence, diversity and inclusion.