Our ideal candidate is an experienced instructional designer able to research, design and develop high impact training programs to support business initiatives across the organization. The candidate should be capable of facilitating classroom, virtual and hybrid formats of training utilizing experiential learning within learning and development (L&D) /talent management.
The individual is able to impact global business results and organizational performance through learning strategies and solutions. Candidates for this position will demonstrate knowledge and usage of agile frameworks, are energized by working in an agile and team-oriented environment, and must be a highly skilled communicator and a motivated self-starter.Core Responsibilities:
- Consult with management and stakeholders across Cigna's Medicare organization to gain knowledge of work situations that require a learning solution and to better understand how policy changes, procedure changes, and business initiatives may require a learning intervention
- Work on multiple deliverables concurrently, manage learning tasks, monitor activity, progress, and time related to project development
- Create and implement innovative learning solutions using rapid development techniques and taking an agile approach
- Collaborate with business managers, agile teams, subject matter experts, change managers, project managers, compliance and learning professionals to identify learning and performance needs
- Determine performance success metrics and how to measure learning solution impact
- Conduct needs assessments as required to identify how training can drive ongoing performance improvement across the organization
- Provide consultative expertise to the design and development of learning solutions
- Ensure learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training programs developed meet the learning and performance objectives
- Ability to design and develop training solutions utilizing rapid development techniques, prototyping, and iterative design approaches.
- Design and develop blended training programs that include dynamic, engaging instructional interactions, with elements including instructor-led training, eLearning, simulations, reference guides, on-the-job training, and the use of internal social media working with other instructional designers, trainers, subject matter experts, and business partners
- Use rapid authoring tools to create eLearning, videos, online assessments, and other online resources
- Utilizes a document management process for organizing, tracking, and retaining project related source files, scheduling periodic courses reviews (maintenance/expiration), and version control of all revisions/updates
- Facilitate learning programs using proven techniques to increase retention and engage and motivate learners
- Partner with business managers/operations training teams to coordinate the scheduling of training programs to meet business needs
- Manage the delivery of training resources and programs using tools such as learning management systems and social sites
- Advise/coach operations and training developers to ensure development and delivery of effective learning solutions
- Design, develop and implement a multi-level evaluation strategy and analyze evaluation outcomes for all training products
- Create and implement work plans to address any gaps/needs identified in evaluation results
- Monitor and report effectiveness of all training against identified success measures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Masters in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related field preferred
- 3+ years of instructional design, classroom and virtual facilitation work experience required
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present information in a confident, creative and interactive manner.
- Demonstrated experience with proactive critical thinking and problem solving required
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work independently and make effective decisions
- Proficient with Learning & Development technologies:
- eLearning development tools (i.e., such as Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia and Microsoft Office tools)
- Image editing tools (i.e., SnagIt and Photoshop)
- Online survey tools, Learning Management Systems and Web conferencing tools (WebEx)
- Knowledge of health care a plus
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.