*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *Overview
Under general direction from the Chief Engineer and Engineering Supervisor, the Engineering Technician II
performs a variety of routine and advanced inspection, servicing, installation and repair tasks in multiple trades to maintain Duke Energy Convention Center's buildings, equipment, furnishings, fixtures and campus in proper condition; and to provide temporary electrical, air, water and gas services in support of exhibitions, trade shows and other events. This position includes assignment of up to a scheduled 12 hour work shift; varying days and shift times including holidays and weekends. In the absence of management, the Engineering Technician may receive functional event related instructions from the Event Manager(s), or general instructions from the Director of Operations or Assistant General Manager.
This position is based at our Duke Energy Convention Center
. Located in downtown Cincinatti, OH, the Duke Energy Convention Center hosts a variety of events including: trade shows, conventions, community gatherings, social events (and more!) drawing 600,000 visitors annually. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.duke-energycenter.com/Responsibilities
- Maintains a safe, secure, pleasant environment for clients, visitors, and co-workers. Follows Duke Energy Convention Center policies and procedures, applicable codes and safety regulations.
- Performs routine and advanced inspection, troubleshooting, testing, maintenance and repair of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, safety and building systems; equipment, structures and components as required or assigned, using standardized procedures or specialized skills.
- Operates Building Control Systems for the purpose of controlling space temperature and lighting.
- Layout, installs and removes temporary electrical, air, water and gas services in support of exhibitions, trade shows and other events.
- Accurately inputs data into department computers and maintains documents for the purposes of recording materials used or required, work needed or performed, client billing, time utilized, monitoring physical plant conditions, and report generation. Documentation is kept current, on a daily basis and includes all required
Responds to requests promptly and performs tasks with a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Proactively inspects facilities and equipment and acts promptly to address problems found.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner as to reflect the highest integrity of the Engineering
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of position requirements and attends in-service education classes
- Uses and maintains various meters, test instruments, drills, saws and other power and hand tools in the performance of job duties.
- Maintains utilized tools, equipment, and work areas in a clean, safe, organized fashion, on a daily basis.
- Communicates work activities and status to Chief Engineer / Engineering Supervisor and affected departments in a timely manner.
- Performs work on his/her own without more than limited supervision. Plans work to minimize time and material needed for proper completion.
- Maintains working knowledge of facility utility and life safety systems locations and operation.
- Infrequently may perform duties of Engineering Supervisor
- Provide general information, directions and assistance to facility guests
- Promotes energy conservation in plant operations and work activities.
- Performs plant operations, physical plant rounds, routines, and documentation.
- Performs carpentry, painting, minor construction and discretionary maintenance, using standardized procedures or specialized instructions.
- Participates in development of standardized maintenance and repair processes for department.
- May serve as member of department or facility committees.
- Occasionally coordinates activities of contractors working in the Convention Center.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma, or equivalent GED
- 3+ years verifiable facilities or electro-mechanical maintenance experience, with journeyman level responsibility. Public venue or institutional setting experience preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a CPR certificate and AED certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a driver's license
- Graduation from accredited trade school in related field is desirable
- EPA Refrigeration Type I and II OR Universal certification required for HVAC&R Journeyman Level
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/ Spectra
is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply .Job Questions:
- How did you hear about this job?