*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *Overview
The Sales Express Manager
is responsible for the sales and service of events for groups up to approximately 50 people, along with all wedding events. The position will also assist in the overall execution of the Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center's sales initiatives. The Sales Express Manager will work with clients to advise about rates, catering, and services; preparation and execution of event contracts, planning, coordination, and execution of events in assigned market segment. Strong verbal and written communications skills, the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, be self-governed and self-motivated, possess a basic understanding of banquet and catering sales, public relations, advertising and special event planning and execution are essential. The Sales Express Manager is an intricate part of the event team and is expected to recognize the value and benefits of teamwork. Open lines of communication within the team are vital to its success and that of the company.Responsibilities
- Meets specified goals and objectives for venue usage by promoting the convention center to all potential clients; conducts venue tours; answers questions and provides information regarding venue services, policies and procedures; and assists clients in finalizing booking arrangements.
- Primary sales contact for all groups expecting approximately 50 or fewer attendees.
- Set appointments and make outside calls to potential clients.
- Make solicitation calls, assist with promotions and direct mail activities.
- Researches, identifies and establishes the appropriateness of groups for the venue.
- Attend industry events and tradeshows as may be required.
- Prepare event contracts, sales folders, sales kits and correspondence to clients.
- Enter and maintain complete and accurate information into booking system.
- Works with clients and facility staff to determine event needs and opportunities for upselling food and beverages, and other services offered by the facility.
- Work a flexible schedule, including long nights, early mornings, weekends & holidays as needed.
- Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork & dedication to Spectra's principles.
- Assist in the preparation of building to meet the requirements of upcoming events/shows.
- Participates in the development of newsletters and other marketing materials.
- Prepare reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements and forecast projections.
- Provide assistance and staff support to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Prepare and deliver verbal presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Working as a Manager on Duty (MOD) as required.
- Analyzing competitors and target markets.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in sales, marketing or other related field and/or minimum 2 years of increasingly responsible experience in business to business sales required, preferentially with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility, or other multi-purpose public assembly facility.
- Prefer experience in conventions, banquets, entertainment, tradeshow/meetings with responsibility for scheduling, arranging, promoting meetings, lectures, exhibits, conventions, concerts or other related events.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Strong computer skills in Windows environment and MS Office applications. Training on industry software will be provided.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and select holidays as required, in addition to normal business hours if needed.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/ Spectra
is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications applyJob Questions:
- How did you hear about this job?