*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *Overview
The Warehouse Supervisor
is responsible for the effective management and running of venue distribution/warehouse operations including inventory, receiving, purchasing, ordering, lay-ins, purchase order tracking, clean-up, transfers and equipment maintenance. The Warehouse Supervisor will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards.
This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong management and independent decision-making skills are required.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/Responsibilities
- Responsible for product purchasing/ordering, receiving and distribution control for the venue.
- Ensure that established procedures for tracking purchase orders, requisitions, receiving dockets and perpetual inventor are maintained; report any deviation to General Manager.
- Maintain and manage sanitation and organizational systems of all warehouse storage areas.
- Willing and available to assist with Premium Services or Concessions event operations as directed by the GM or AGM.
- Provide direction to part-time warehouse staff to ensure all established lay-ins are completed for each event, in addition to requisitioning during events, post-event break down, warehouse returns, equipment storage, sanitation and maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring that purchase order system is adhered to for all orders received at each warehouse; verify proper specification, size, quantity, etc. of goods received; supervise proper labeling, dating and stocking of supplies.
- Oversee and ensure that appropriate stocking levels are met for each event; rotate and maintain integrity of product.
- Ensure proper transfer process of product between buildings, including follow-up documentation.
- Perform routine maintenance; responsible for concession and utility equipment cleaning and maintenance: portable equipment, burden carriers, carts, floors, refrigeration, lighting. Ensure manifested equipment is in location.
- Evaluate warehouse employee performance. Maintain employee records, written warnings, reviews and other related documents.
- Conduct walk through of the commissary, warehouse and storage areas after the completion of the day to ensure all areas are clean.
- Oversee daily operation as either opening or closing manager on duty.
- Assist Office Manager with daily/weekly/monthly sales and AR/AP when needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years warehouse / distribution experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Forklift certification (strongly preferred).
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions (i.e. regarding employee placement, staffing adjustments, and/or respond to technical, product or equipment challenges during an event) quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping system.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Spectra and venue concession operations.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications applyJob Questions:
- How did you hear about this job?