|Category||Manufacturing / Production||Job type||Full Time|
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manufacturing Lead within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role, you will you will be responsible for coordinating the work in Technical Manufacturing to accomplish the production schedule and to assess/troubleshoot current raw materials and product. Provides advanced technical support toward the accomplishment of manufacturing and product development objectives. Responsible for the technical excellence and experimentation of new products from R&D through the transfer/product development process as directed by the TM Laboratory Supervisor or TM Manager.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions
• Coordinates Technical Manufacturing duties within the department
• Responsible for leading product/process testing projects
• Supports R&D in the transfer/product development process
• Conducts root cause analysis on product failures, including proposals for preventative actions
• Schedules test programs and management of workload to help assure timely and satisfactory completion of projects
• Monitors scientific/medical literature relevant to innovative research and testing objectives
• Consults with and provides technical evaluations for other departments and can provide strategic technical leadership.
• Supports R&D/Marketing with product development and consultation
• Works with test requestors to develop test programs, formulate test protocols, and choose appropriate test equipment. This will include supervision of fabrication or selection of new equipment as needed.
• May conduct original research that furthers the objectives of the company.
|Employer||Alere Health LLC|