The USHL begins the 2020-21 season on November 6, 2020 and business initiatives and preparations for the Fighting Saints are in full force. The current Director of Ticket Sales has resigned his position and will be leaving the team in mid-November. With that in mind, the Fighting Saints seek a Ticket Operations professional to manage the applicable aspects of the operation on a temporary / contract basis with the potential for the position to evolve into a full-time permanent role with the organization.
The Ticket Operations Manager, will oversee all aspects of the Ticket Operations Department. The successful candidate will be an energetic ticketing professional who will be charged with planning, implementation and execution of ticket operations best practices. The successful candidate will be a forward thinking and open minded individual who will be expected to work closely with other members of the business staff to maximize all revenue opportunities. This successful candidate must have a high degree of competency and knowledge related to the Glitnir Ticketing SystemTasks and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Responsible for ticket inventory control for all Dubuque Fighting Saints games
- Hire, train and schedule all full-time and part-time ticket sales & operations staff
- Coordination and execution of ticket sales and delivery through all channels
- Tracking and reconciliation of all Fighting Saints ticket sales and maintenance of all auditing procedures
- Processing of all internal ticketing requests
- Must have a working knowledge of ticketing industry best practices and knowledge of cutting edge revenue generating ticketing technologies
- Ticket preparation and delivery of all season ticket, group ticket and individual game ticket purchases.
- Serve as primary day to day liaison with Glitnir Ticketing, the team's ticketing system vendor
- Assists with various data capture, input and analysis activities
- Assist with the maintenance of the Ticket Sales databases
- Creates and updates various management reports on a regular basis such as sales reports, season ticket renewal report, inventory updates, Game Reports, Game Settlements and commission reports.
- Create and process payment plans for season ticket packages
- Provide training for Fighting Saints staff and serve as resident expert on Glitnir and all of its capabilities
- Create and manage various seating manifests
- Manage annual department budget
- Establish and review operational policies and procedures for Ticket Office operations
- Act as primary point of contact for customer service inquiries and escalated customer issues at the Ticket Office.
- Represent Ticket Operations Department at weekly Sales & Marketing management meetings and other company meetings
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Advanced knowledge of the Glitnir Ticketing system
- Significant successful comparable ticket operations experience
- Excellent skill in developing and managing department budgets
- Strong math aptitude and attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with general office PC applications, particularly MS Word and MS Excel and comfort with learning new applications as required
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills
- Proactive in anticipating problems and /or issues and providing world class customer service solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, employees and /or vendors
- Comfort and experience interfacing with various levels of staff and management, while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of general office machines (i.e. copier, printers, etc.) required.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays on an as need basis.
Education and Formal Training:
- A minimum of three (3) years computerized box office experience with preferably at least 2 years in a management capacity
Material and Equipment Used:
- Office equipment: copier, computer/keyboard, telephone, ticket printers and fax.
- Glitnir Ticketing system
- How did you hear about this job?
- Do you have previous experience working on the Glitnir Ticketing System? If so, please describe your experience (i.e. number of years, level of management, how recently have you worked on the system, etc.)
- Are you in a position to move temporarily to Dubuque, Iowa? (This would be preferred but will not necessarily disqualify a candidate if they cannot move)