Excited to grow your career?
- The job profile for this position is Software Engineering Senior Advisor, which is a Band 4 Management Career Track Role.
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
As a Software Engineering Senior Advisor , you will lead your team to design, architect and deliver large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies. As a key leader in the organization you will have the opportunity to work directly with partner IT and business teams, owning and driving major deliverables across all aspects of software delivery.
The ideal candidate is
- A passion for software engineering principles and a passion for technology
- Experienced in solving complex business problems through software
- Adept at collaborating with external business partners and internal stakeholders
- Driven by the team's success
- Provide architectural and 'hands on' technical leadership across a number of product streams
- Strive to build better coding practices
- Leverage automation to maximize results
- Reuse existing solutions and make it better
- Collaborate on the engineering roadmap
- Ensure that the skills of the engineering organization are kept aligned with business as well as technology strategy
- Provide technical support and direction to the engineering leads
- Foster innovation within your team and the larger engineering community
- Ability to put software design patterns and sell to enterprise architects and senior leadership
- Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business alignment with team, leadership chain, and with customers
- Work with Product Management to understand future business needs and provide a technical strategy
- Work to create a culture of trust and support across the geographical teams
- Has prior experience managing full stack software engineers across geographies and vendors
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud based distributed software design and development (see specific technical qualifications below);
- Prior experience with solutions using Master Data Management tools is a plus
- Ability to look at complex problems and provide simple solutions.
- Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, automated testing, and operations
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, data structures, test driven development utilizing Python or full stack;
Specific Technical qualifications:
- Secure architecture (encryption, identity, etc.)
- CI/CD concepts and implementation - build automation, build pipelines, deployment automation, etc
- Networking fundamentals
Education and Experience
- 3+ years in an equivalent role
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 year experience in Amazon services and technologies (Knowledge and engineering level experience working with all AWS services like API-GW, Cognito, RDS, EKS, ECS, S3, VPC, ACM etc)
- experience working in a regulated industry. ei: Hipaa, finance
Success is measured by
- Meeting business commitments / objectives
- Delivery stakeholders have early/often participation in solution design, with transparency to solution objectives
- Implementation work shows evidence of reuse for broader needs, and shows balance of anticipating future needs
- Development team members feel they are part of the solution ideation and elaboration on approach
- Healthy backlog of non-functional and technical features is maintained and managed
- Growth of the individuals that you manage
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.