Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Quality Molecular Analyst is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role you will perform work required to ensure Company product quality is maintained at standards set forth by Company Quality System and mandated by regulatory agencies such as the FDA, ISO, and USDA. The focus areas for a Quality Scientist include but are not limited to: troubleshooting; aid in transfer of new processes and technologies into the QC department; developing methods; in-process and final release testing as needed.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Support specific projects and assist in developing new processes
• Performs in-process and final release testing
• Observes all safety policies and report.
• Investigates problem areas and areas of desirable product improvement.
• Reports any and all safety policy violations.
• Participates in all departmental ergonomic programs.
• Represents QC at cross functional meetings.
• Aids in the transfer of new processes and technologies into the QC department.
• Works closely with QC Management to ensure all departmental objectives are met or exceeded.
• Identifies Quality gaps and process inefficiencies and recommend solutions.
• Trains new and current Quality Control technicians as needed.
• Initiates and authors Quality Incidents (QI).
• Reviews/approves new and revised Standard Operating Procedures.
• Provides support for technical and quality issues.
• Communicates quality issues to QC Management in a timely manner.
• Maintain Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
Supervisory Responsibilities Does not directly supervise employees
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Practical laboratory skills
• Ability in mathematics and computer literacy
• Good communication skills, capable of communicating ideas to colleagues and customers
• Problem-solving skills combined with analytical skills and good attention to detail
• Project management skills and good organizational skills
• Good knowledge of science and the ability to apply basic principles and techniques
• Attention to detail a must
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
|Employer||Alere Health LLC|