Baseball Operations Job Title:
DSL Development Coach - Pitching Reports To:
Director of Pitching Initiatives/Pitching CoordinatorEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountability for individual growth.
- Timely and completion of assignments designed for personal education and alignment with organizational philosophies.
- Seeks own personal growth goals, shares content with other coaches, acts as a leader in self-improvement.
- Demonstrate familiarity and improved knowledge in the following areas:
- Mechanical instruction (pitching mechanics, communication to players, constraint-led training).
- Pre-Throw/Throwing/Post-Throw Programs and drills.
- Pitching technology (Edgertronic, Rapsodo, TrackMan).
- Biomechanics (SIMI, pitchAI).
- Help our pitchers achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Hold pitchers accountable for their own development.
- Maintain standards of throwing program, pitch execution, and pitching metrics.
- Monitor player plans and ensure that goals and processes are being executed.
- Provide video feedback.
- Complete post-game and post-bullpen reports.
- Fulfill post-game and post-bullpen expectations.
- Communicate exceptionally well.
- Relying on asynchronous methods like Slack.
- Solid written skills for reports, emails, presentations, content for coaches and players.
- Fast response times on critical issues.
- Align preparations for games with organizational standards (meetings, advance report review, TruMedia usage).
Equal Opportunity Statement:
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet Department productivity standards.
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.Disclaimer:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.Job Questions:
- How did you hear about this job?