Baseball Operations Job Title:
DSL Development Coach - Hitting Reports To:
Hitting CoordinatorEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preferred Skills and Attributes.
- Strong ability to communicate and work with Hitting Coordinator, Field Coordinator, relevant defensive positional Coordinator, Latin American Field Coordinator and the rest of the DSL coaching staff.
- Evaluate and coach hitters based on video, K-Vest, Rapsodo, Trackman and Blast data.
- Ability to use multiple forms of media to communicate changes or to help hitters make the changes asked of them in their player plans.
- Provide video feedback, with voiced over instructions.
- Pull and compare video of current/former Major League hitters for comparison.
- Knowledge and proficiency in skill acquisition and constraint-based coaching.
- Ability to throw batting practice, hit fungos, and keep up with the physical challenges of coaching.
- Expertise and ability to coach a defensive positional group.
- Ability to speak Spanish (not required - if not fluent, a strong desire to learn).
- Ability and willingness to communicate with hitting coordinator and players based on the core hitting philosophy and movement patterns that establish a foundation for Reds hitters.
- In-Season Duties:
- Evaluation of all DSL hitters, leveraging the available technological resources.
- Establish and teach the core hitting philosophy and movement patters that establish a foundation for Reds hitters.
- Creation of individual goals, player plans, and drill packages for all DSL hitters.
- Working with DSL Manager and Latin American Field Coordinator to design appropriate practice plans for the DSL club.
- Participation in any mini-camps, instructional leagues, etc.
- Work with members of Health & Performance Department to ensure that our players are taking advantage of our programs in Strength and Conditioning, Medical, Rehab, etc.
- Work with appropriate defensive Coordinator to execute practice planning and development of designated positional group.
- Offseason Duties:
- Maintain high levels of communication with DSL players.
- Use video feedback, text messaging, and other communication applications to ensure our hitters development continues during the offseason.
- Personal Growth.
- Use available resources to stay current on hitting concepts and research.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet Department productivity standards.
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.Disclaimer:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.Job Questions:
- How did you hear about this job?