*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *Summary
Assists the department in multiple assigned areas to include hot line production, grill, display cooking, pantry, and service. Responsible for follow up and follow through in assigned areas while providing direction and leadership to team members. Maintains and monitors food stations to ensure the highest level of products and service are readily available. Supports Sous Chef by cooking side items to service the hot line and grill and fusion stations.Duties & Responsibilities
- Cooks side dishes and soups for hot line. Manages grill. Assists Sous Chef with meal production. Responsible for following recipe standards in assigned area for display cooking, hot and cold food production, proper food handling, and service. Follows progressive cooking methods for menu items.
- Ensures clear and concise work direction is given to support staff while demonstrating sound judgement in the day-to-day assignments. Responsible for ensuring the production staff follow standards for food production and handling. Ensures display lines are filled and directs staff to restock when stations are low or empty.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the assigned kitchen areas to include recipe executing, writing production list, and performing daily product inventories. Assists with monitoring overproduction by ensuring waste is kept to a minimum.
- Keeps Culinary Administrator and Registered Dietitian informed of all production and recipe concerns. Participates in daily shift briefings.
- Assists Production Specialist with box lunch production when necessary. Keeps management informed when customers cancel their box lunch orders.
- Maintains accurate menu rotation, conducts meat pulls, corrects recipes, and makes suggestions to improve service and customer satisfaction as needed. Takes appropriate action to ensure products are consistent and food is fresh and appealing.
- Assists and maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of the production area to include hot line, server lines, and dish room.
- Takes initiative to suggest improvements to the operating format, communicates ideas about improving and maintaining standards in their area, and fills in as needed to assure efficient operations.
- Follows up and follows through on daily production/tasks lists to ensure completion of production, staffing, and shift reporting and turns in paperwork at end of shift.
- Reports all general maintenance and equipment malfunctions to any management team member on duty. Responsible to train and assist staff on the proper maintenance and use of equipment.
- Reports all incidents/accidents to management immediately. Completes necessary documentation in detail and submits to management.
- Follows policies and procedures of the USOPC, OPTC, and the department. Complies with OSHA work and Health Department food safety regulations. Upholds USOPC code of ethics. Embraces and supports Olympic & Paralympic Culture and key USOPC behaviors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licensure & Certification:
- High School graduate or G.E.D., with ability to read, write and comprehend at a 12th grade level; or equivalent work experience
- ServeSafe certification required
- Minimum 3 years as production chef/apprentice in quantity food production.
- Minimum 2 years team leader experience with proven ability to lead and guide team members through daily assignments.
- Thorough knowledge of proper sanitation and safety practices as they relate to day-to-day responsibilities and health department regulations
- Knowledge of proper use of chemicals. Follows OSHA regulations.
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- General knowledge of the care and safe usage of food service equipment
- Demonstrated ability to be trained and certified on the operation of commercial cooking equipment
- Ability to read recipes and understand measurements
- Ability to display good customer service skills
- Dependable, organized and demonstrates attention to details
- Completes all work assignments
- Exposed to extreme temperature working conditions.
- Prolonged standing, minimal sitting.
- Various repetitive motions, including but not limited to bending, kneeling, and reaching
- Ability to lift 50 pounds using the buddy system. Must wear safety-lift belt when lifting 50 lbs. or more, or when assigned repetitive lifting of over 20 lbs.
- Must wear safety cutting glove when using knives and equipment blades
- Exposure to chemicals and use in compliance with OSHA guidelines
- Shared workspace
- Commercial kitchen utensils and equipment
- Ability to work flexible work schedule of various shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Regular attendance at work is an essential job function
Colorado Springs Olympic & Paralympic Training CenterHourly Pay Range
$14.14 - $17.95 per hourJob Questions:
- How did you hear about this job?