Desktop Support Technician - Technical Customer Support Analyst Band 2
We are looking for a dynamic Technical Customer Support Analyst to join our team. The Deskside Support Services technician will be responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of customer service and high quality technical knowledge by providing direct IT support to Cigna end-users by performing the daily work coordinated by the Desktop Support Services Supervisor.
- Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on end-user questions, and resolves complex problems or malfunctions of all, hardware and software.
- Provides 2nd level technical support to end-users and internal staff for all Remote Services technology products and services offered by Cigna and our business partners. Resolve issues and complete Service Request within a specified timeframe.
- Responds to the more complex problems escalated by the Help Desk staff pertaining to all application hardware and software products supported by the IT area.
- Provides technical guidance and consults with vendors and systems applications other systems support units to identify and resolve complex end-user problems.
- Alerts end-users and team members when a major problem is suspected. Performs recovery testing to confirm availability of systems where outages have occurred. Documents and tracks status of end-user inquiries, coordinates appropriate response and follows up to ensure end-users satisfaction.
- Participates in the analysis of end-users identified issues or problems which may require changes to department procedures, standards or systems.
- Evaluates effectiveness of new utilities and tools.
- Requires minimal supervision.
Qualifications/ Preferred Requirements:
- Assists in the training of less experienced staff.
- Provides timely and courteous customer service to end-users by reviewing Desktop Support tickets, calls and emails to resolve all technical issues.
- Provide basic end-user technical support including, but not limited to, configuring hardware, performing hardware/software installations, troubleshooting and correcting hardware and software problems, virus/spyware removal/detection, and resolving day-to-day system problems in data, voice and video networks.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and support continuous improvement initiatives under direction of IT Desktop Support Service Supervisor.
- Escalate issues appropriately to Supervisor for support in resolution process, especially in high profile cases.
- Good analytical and communications skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work effectively with end-user and other IT staff.
- Experience as a Desktop Support Services Associate
- Technology includes: MS Office 2010, Windows 7, MS Exchange / Active Directory 2010, Windows Server 2008/2012, PBX and VOIP phones, PC imaging, VPN/VDI, Audio-visual and mobile devices
- Good analytical and communications skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT staff
- Sufficient knowledge of IT operations and responsibilities, work flow processes and procedures to resolve most inquires independently
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed.
- Able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and work in a complex technical environment through the use of sophisticated tools.
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds, move, and install PC, printer, and other IT related equipment.
Willing to work outside of normal business hours to support activities and projects when necessary
Minimum Degree Required
Associate's Degree (2 years) and or (Community College, MBO)
Certifications & Licenses:
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
","industry":"Insurance","title":"Technical Customer Support Analyst