Responsible for leading, planning, and directing the entire Store Team. Accountable for all functional areas of the store, including the financial performance, execution of company initiatives, staffing, inventory control, and compliance with company standards. Retains accountability for all aspects of the store but will often delegate tasks or operational activities to other leaders and will supervise, inspect, train, and/or coach those leaders in order to accomplish all goals and tasks set for the store. Occasionally required to prepare for freight processing, stock shelves, or participate in other aspects of the freight flow and merchandising process. The Store Team Leader will spend a substantial majority of working time performing management tasks.
1. Plans, leads, directs, and employs all operational and financial resources to achieve established goals.
2. Utilizes company reports and tools in order to assess efficiency, analyze trends, and identify opportunities for improvement in store performance.
3. Leads all store processes in accordance with company standards, including freight flow, merchandise presentation, reconciliation of all sales, cash and inventory transactions, and customer service.
4. Leads and supervises all furniture department operations, including furniture sales and sales processes, Lease to Purchase, Price Holds, and furniture department merchandising and presentation standards.
5. Responsible for the scheduling and payroll processing in the store on a daily and weekly basis.
6. Oversees and drives staffing efforts in the store, including interviewing, selection, hiring, training, and performance evaluations of all associates in collaboration with the other members of the store's leadership team.
7. Approves and administers appropriate disciplinary action to associates, including recommendations for termination, in partnership with the other operational and support resources in accordance with company guidelines.
8. Responsible for the supervision, maintenance, and compliance of all customer service and associate recognition programs. Completes training and follow up as needed.
9. Directs the preparation for merchandising initiatives and ensures reconciliation of all inventory transactions.
10. Serves as Manager on Duty including opening and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and ensures resolution of customer issues.
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum five years retail management experience preferred.
3. Excellent leadership, organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
4. Proven ability to lead, coach and develop team members to achieve company goals and objectives on a consistent basis.
5. Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills required.
6. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
7. Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 40 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
8. Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays required.
9. Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required.
10. Basic English literacy, math and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.