|Category||Network and Computer Systems Administrators|
• Perform the physical installation of network equipment and apply software configurations to the Cloud Platform (Core and Lite) deployed architectures. Hardware components include, but are not limited to Compute, Network, Storage, Transport, Security and Monitoring.
• Provide engineering support for the above listed components and services including wiring diagrams, architectural drawings, cross connect information, IP addresses and network connectivity.
• Provision new computer equipment and perform routine maintenance.
• Work closely with Build, Integration, Test and Software engineers to develop tools for automation, and continuously improve the release process and automation environment • Develop and implement automated network test routines to validate new Cloud system installs.
• Provide troubleshooting assistance and resolution as necessary to ensure secure and efficient operations and be able to troubleshoot cabling from cut sheets and design documents.
• Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot with various network tools such as TCPdump.
• Perform project management responsibilities and lead the installation of Cloud equipment and work with HQ Planning, Maintenance Engineering, Transport along with other internal and external organizations.
• Manage multiple high profile projects at the same time, be able to work independently and manage your time while unsupervised.
• Effectively manage vendors and push back as appropriate if their products and/or services fail to meet Wireless expectations, including telecommunications guidelines and standards.
• Build relationships and maintain a positive rapport with various planning, engineering and operations teams to facilitate the deployment of projects transparent to the network.
• Approximately 20-30% of time will be required for business travel - predominantly air travel. International travel may be required.
• Must have a flexible work schedule and be able to do night work during 2 nd and 3 rd shift maintenance windows as required.
• BS degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience is required • Minimum of 5 years telecommunications and network engineering experience • Strong Hands-on Experience:
• Linux, Red Hat, CentOS and Ubuntu operating systems • Git and Github • Java, C#, SQL server database and Ansible • General knowledge of the IP OSI model Layer 1, 2 & 3 is required • Functional knowledge of Coding, Scripting and Automation of day to day software tasks using Ansible & Python • General knowledge of Cloud Computing, SDN and VNF is preferred • Hardware Knowledge:
• Dell Servers, Storage
• EMC VNX
• HP 5900
• Software Knowledge:
• MAC OS (Required)
• Big Switch
• Red Hat
• Cisco/HPE Switching
• CLI Interface
• Knowledge of SS7, IP-based technologies and Wireless Standards (IS-41) helpful • Ability to learn new technology quickly and apply working knowledge of wireless engineering on new projects is necessary • Knowledge of databases, web-based applications and software tool packages helpful • Strong interpersonal, oral & written communications skills is required, for internal and external communication, at a range of technical levels