Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Maintenance Technician II is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Westbrook, Maine. In this role you will perform routine and complex repairs and maintenance on Production equipment, including but not limited to work involving the execution of more than one of the typical maintenance trades: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, plastic and metal fabrication and repair and installation. Provides trouble shooting support on production equipment and recommends short- and long-term solutions to improve operational efficiencies through root cause investigation efforts related to machine down time.
If you seek a dynamic role where your contributions will pave the way in developing new products, systems, and processes, come work with us!
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
• Leads routine, periodic and special inspections to determine repairs needed or corrective actions taken to prevent breakdowns, unsafe conditions or to comply with Company and/or Agency Rules and Regulations.
• Performs Production Equipment change-over as dictated by schedule or requested by shift supervisor (as needed or directed to best meet departmental objectives).
• Interprets blueprints, equipment manuals, layouts and wiring diagrams.
• Leads the effort of preparing documentation regarding Preventive Maintenance and Machine Operation through effective communication and collaboration with Production Supervisors, Manager and Engineering.
• Sets up and operates all equipment needed to perform assigned tasks.
• Escorts and assists as necessary, outside repair persons in the performance of their contractual obligations.
• Escorts Agency testing technicians to assure timely completion of their tasks as it relates to production equipment.
• Maintains appropriate records, keeps inventory of spare parts and materials and provides Supervisor with the information necessary to secure needed replacement parts or special materials needed to effect proper repairs on all equipment.
• Responds to alarm or trouble calls as required and maintains a strong floor presence. Functions as a key member of both the production & maintenance team and assists as necessary to accomplish production goals, and through-put initiatives.
|Employer||Alere Health LLC|