Alegis Care, a division of Cigna, is the premier home based healthcare provider and medical services company. We are an innovative, multi-specialty practice experiencing tremendous growth nationwide.
At Alegis Care our focus is comprehensive care at home to improve outcomes and reduce total healthcare costs. We are a group of clinical professionals that understand the needs of patients, medical professionals, health systems and payers. A main focus of our practice is:
- Comprehensive Health Risk Assessments (HRA): health plans contract with Alegis Care to conduct in-home comprehensive health assessments in order to ensure patient's medical well -being and to provide accurate data for HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) coding, STAR ratings and reimbursement.
- Complex Care Program (CCP): health plans look to us to conduct in-home longitudinal care for medically complex patients with chronic illnesses in an effort improve clinical outcomes. Our team collaborates with the patients' primary care physicians (PCPs), and our visits serve as an adjunct to the care delivered by the PCP.
- Chronic Care Management (CCM): Alegis Care contracts with and receives referrals from health plans to assume primary care of chronically ill patients with high admission rates and multiple emergency department visits in an effort to improve clinical outcomes. Nurse practitioners work alongside physicians delivering care in the patient's home. For the most part, the nurse practitioners attend to acute visit needs and see patients post hospital or nursing home discharge.
We are currently seeking additional supervising physicians to join our growing Complex Care Program teams as we further extend our operations serving a variety of Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, and Commercial clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Certifications:
- Works to achieve quality medical care and outcomes for patients, in a cost-effective manner.
- Provides clinical oversight of 100% chart review for new providers during their first month of employment, or until such a time as oversight can be decreased with a minimum of 10% review of records or the state minimum (whichever is higher).
- Meets with the mid-level providers on a monthly basis to discuss clinical cases.
- Is available telephonically to the nurse practitioners for clinical collaboration and supervision.
- Provides "on call" coverage as requested, generally as back up physician to the mid-level providers.
- Improves clinical outcomes through interactions with providers, using education and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Participates in quality processes such as medical documentation audits, inter rater reliability actions and quality projects.
- Serves as a mentor or coach to nurse practitioner in ongoing quality and performance improvement processes.
- Improves provider relations through direct communication, knowledge of appropriate evidence-based clinical information, and the fostering of positive collegial relationships.
- Addresses customer service issues with mentoring and support from leadership staff.
- Investigates and responds to client or stakeholder questions to assist in resolving issues with mentoring and support from leadership staff.
- Achieves customer satisfaction and regulatory/accreditation agency compliance goals by assuring timely and complete documentation, including documentation of appropriate clinical measures and metrics.
- Provides clinical insight and management support to other functional areas and matrix partners as needed or directed
- All management duties of nurse practitioners will be handled by another Alegis Care manager.
- Board-certification required, preferably in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine;
- Active unrestricted license in the State of Georgia;
- Able to be credentialed by Medicare, Medicaid, and other private insurance companies;
- Experience with electronic medical records is required. Also required is proficiency with various computer based applications such as Microsoft Office;
- Strong background/interest in primary care and preventative medicine;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
","industry":"Insurance","title":"Hourly Collaborating Physician