- Work with development teams to diagnose customer needs
- Build sample code and work with application developers
- Document developer FAQs and maintain the knowledge base
- Work with teams to build integrations with a front-end interface
- Engage in integration with various third party software with a wide range of integration APIs
- Solve complex scalability, platform, and integration problems
- Learn new paradigms, languages, and libraries as you work
- Helping to manage the application environment
- Provide production support and coordinate with infrastructure teams
- 3+ year in .NET software development (C#)
- 1+ years of experience in a java software development
- Some customer facing experience with good communication required
- MS SQL and Oracle development experience
- Experience with Linux and WebLogic preferred
- Experience in Web development platform such as Cold Fusion, ASP.Net is a plus, but not required.
- Microsoft / Java Certifications is a plus.
- Understanding of GIT and experience with TFS is preferred
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Self-motivated engineer who can take the initiative and work effectively both independently and as part of a team of engineers
- Experience with 3rd party integrations
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or other science related area, or equivalent professional work experience
Position is not intended to travel; however, there may be a chance possibility for occasional travel to Georgia DOT sites throughout the state to meet with business units. Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel expense lodging and meals. Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel use of a personal vehicle use. All travel expense reimbursement shall be in accordance with State Accounting Office Travel Policy: [ Link Removed ]
The position end date is set for the end of the Georgia DOT fiscal year. Georgia DOT may exercise the option to renew contracts in one-year increments. Several successful consultants have continued working for several years with contract extensions. However, Georgia DOT is under no obligation to extend contracts and may terminate employment at any time.
All candidates submitted for this or any other Job Posting that are currently working under a VISA, Employment Authorization Card, or any other authorized programs of the Federal Government must have a current active VISA or status in order to be submitted. Candidates that have an expired VISA or are in the process of applying for an extension, transfer, or a new VISA, should not be submitted.
The Department has 12 holidays, which consultants are not allowed to work nor make up any time for those holiday weeks without management's approval. Consultants are not to take extended leave during their first year of service (e.g. 1 week or greater). Consultants may not telework or work a compressed workweek schedule during their first year of service.
Vendor may be required to purchase $20.00 identification card for candidate, which is non-refundable.