Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Maintenance Technician III is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role you will serve as the lead machinist, technical resource, and fabricate in plastic and metal parts as required to support machine improvements and repairs.
If you seek a dynamic role where your contributions will pave the way in developing new products, systems, and processes, come work with us!
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
• Leads routine, periodic and special inspections to determine repairs needed or corrective actions taken to prevent breakdowns, unsafe conditions or to comply with Company and/or Agency Rules and Regulations.
• Performs Production Equipment change-over as dictated by schedule or requested by shift supervisor (as needed or directed to best meet departmental objectives).
• Interprets blueprints, equipment manuals, layouts and wiring diagrams.
• Leads the effort of preparing documentation regarding Preventive Maintenance and Machine Operation through effective communication and collaboration with Production Supervisors, Manager and Engineering.
• Sets up and operates all equipment needed to perform assigned tasks.
• Escorts and assists as necessary, outside repair persons in the performance of their contractual obligations. Escorts Agency testing technicians to assure timely completion of their tasks as it relates to production equipment.
• Maintains appropriate records, keeps inventory of spare parts and materials and provides Supervisor with the information necessary to secure needed replacement parts or special materials needed to effect proper repairs on all equipment.
• Responds to alarm or trouble calls as required and maintains a strong floor presence.
|Employer||Alere Health LLC|