Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Associate Procurement Specialist is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role you will be responsible for the successful execution of purchasing duties at Scarborough, Maine, ensuring the timely and efficient procurement of materials and services. This position is also a key link to the site, the regional procurement organization and the global category managers
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
• Leads process efficiency, working capital improvement, and/or savings projects with site- level material impact
• Represents procurement in new product introductions, creating cut-in/out plans, coordinating with suppliers, and managing the overall process
• Participates in the direct and indirect purchasing of materials, with daily duties including PO placement and management, master data management, and reconciliation with accounts payable
• Ensures the uninterrupted flow of production and research activities by obtaining and ensuring delivery of acceptable quality goods and services at the right time and at the maximum end-use value per dollar spent
• Responsible for evaluating and approving suppliers of raw materials, components, finished products, and services to Alere. Responsible for monitoring the Approved Supplier List (ASL) and coordinating with Supplier Quality and global category managers on additions/deletions
• Resolves complaints and disputes between requestors, purchasing, receiving, vendors, and any other applicable stakeholders
• Reviews and provides recommendations on contracts, negotiations, redlines, etc. with internal and external stakeholders
• Participates in data tracking, analysis, recommendation/business case development, and reporting to include scorecards, inventory management, market & supplier assessments, quote package development & analyses, and make v. buy decisions
• Develops business relationships with suppliers to preserve the company's good business reputation while still obtaining competitive prices
• Maintains good relations with internal and external customers by ensuring professional behavior consistent with company policies and practices. Must work effectively with the end-users of products and services by processing their requirements in a timely manner and ensuring that the goods and/or services will support their needs
|Employer||Alere Health LLC|