- Provide support to the project team with complex procurement transaction activities (equipment, services and subcontracts), which may expand to assignment on multiple projects.
- Sets up and administers new and existing subcontracts with construction contractors in support of Federal DOD global projects in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Prepares contract documents and bidders list.
- Prepares, issues and may manage the bidding process.
- Leads and manages the evaluation process through the distribution of quotations,
- Preparation of the commercial portion of the bid tabulation, and
- Collaboration with engineering and construction regarding the technical and constructability evaluations.
- Makes recommendations for selected bidder(s) and who to award.
- Leads, and schedules, coordinates and manages the negotiation process.
- Able to resolve simple and complex commercial terms and conditions exceptions.
- Manages the award and conforming process.
- Able to resolve simple claim or dispute events with vendors.
- May be responsible for soliciting budgetary pricing for equipment, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a non-major project or projects.
- Proficient in the basic functions of the vendor database.
- Trains others in the function of a Procurement Representative, with oversight from Supervisor.
- Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
- May provide input to portions of new and/or revised procedures or documents.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience.
- Candidate must have experience setting up and administering subcontracts and performing procurement functions in accordance to the FAR (Federal Acquisitions Regulations).
- Recent working knowledge of the FAR is a must have.
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience with projects associated with federal agencies such as Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Naval Facilities Command (NAVFAC) or Air Force Civil Engineering Center (AFCEC).
- BA or BS degree in Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred).
- Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Strong Attention to Detail.
- Strong Communication - Written and Oral.
- Proficient Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office.
- Proficient Contract Comprehension.
- Strong Data Entry.
- Proficient Mathematics.
- Proficient Organizational Skills.
- Proficient Problem Solving.
- Basic Project Process Management.
- Basic Schedule and Planning Understanding.
- Communicates effectively.
- Customer focus.
- Decision quality.
- Drives results.
- Manages ambiguity.
- Situational adaptability.